timetables and rulebooks
Hello to all; I am a new member to this forum. I was refered here by another member. I'm an HO scale modeler who was also a locomotive engineer. I worked on the railroad for 18 years before going to work for FedEx. In the time I worked for the railroad, I became a timetable collector. I have a collection of about 2500 pieces. Like baseball cards, I have a bunch of extras (doubles) that I would like to sell off to by more items for my collection. I have about 500 extra items available that I would like to sell off. If anyone is interested, please drop me a line to <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedzabko@roadrunner.com">szabko@roadrunner.com</a><!-- e --> and I will forward you a list. I have numerous employee and public (passenger) timetables from many different roads. I also have rule books, locomotive operating manuals, hat badges, stationary, notepads, envelopes etc........the list goes on. If your looking for something specific, let me know.

Thanks and have a great day!
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!
Hey, finally, something I can use! You have mail.
you can reach me at <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedzabko@roadrunner.com">szabko@roadrunner.com</a><!-- e -->

thanks for the inquiry

steve
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!
railohio Wrote:Hey, finally, something I can use! You have mail.

Icon_lol Sorry, just had to chuckle. The old "one man's junk is another man's treasure" phrase comes to mind.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Now that I have this figured out, I can attach my current list of items I have available. Let's see if it works. Please let me know if you are able to download this attachment.

Steve

Let's go Devils!
A friend of mine asked me "why do you collect timetables"? Good question with many answers.

First of all, I started collecting because I was interested in railroads and their operations. I started my railroad career with NYS&W as a conductor back in 86. That started my collecting, in a way, because I was "given" 4 timetables to study. NYS&W operated over 4 seperate railroads (NYS&W, CONRAIL, NJT and D&H).. I had to pass qualifying exams on all 4 in order to work. Thus, the collecting bug started.
I was surprised to see that, despite being all different railroads, they all have similiar operating practices and rules. It was then that I saw an ad in the union newsletter from a railroad employee who was selling timetables. So I wrote to him and requested some info. He sent me a list along with a few "freebies" to get me started (or set the hook). That's all it took. I started collecting from that point. We still trade together and remain good friends because of timetables.
But I also found, being a modeler too, that timetables make a GREAT reference tool too. Timetables are "chuck full" of useful information. Some timetables (ATSF, CP) actually have track diagrams as well as grade profiles too. I am not trying to advertise here (honest Wink I am just letting you know of another great inexpensive modeling tools out there. Pick one up from your favorite road and see how they "run". You will be surprised what you can find out. I'll be happy to share any information about them with you.

Steve

Let's go Devils!
Sooooooo! FedEx13 ... has anyone convinced you to build a scale railroad model yet? It's a bunch of fun, you learn a lot about a slew of things, you meet a whole herd of interesting, nice people, plus, the added bonus is that the more you get into it, the less likely you are to be out getting into trouble!!! Big Grin Thumbsup 357 357 Cheers
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Just waiting to hit the lotto jackpot.......then it's on to "re-building" the prototype line I always wanted.... Thumbsup

Someday my ship...errr...locomotive will arrive!

Steve

Let's go Devils!
e-mail sent