A milestone
Just in case you hadn't noticed, we have over 500 registered members now. We are also fast approaching 50,000 posts, not too bad for a forum that's only been on-line for 18 months. That's an average of close to 100 posts a day, not bad, not bad at all.

I think I speak for the entire staff of Big Blue, it is a pleasure to come here everyday and really not have to do much of anything but participate in the discussions and to view some amazing works by all of you. We thank you all for making Big blue one of the premier forums for model railroaders and railroad fans around. Cheers Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:We thank you all for making Big blue one of the premier forums for model railroaders and railroad fans around.

You're welcome! Big Grin

And a big thank you right back at you and Mikey and the moderators for making it all work. My interest in the hobby would not be half of what it is without all the great folks at The Gauge.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Cheers Cheers

Not too shabby for a bunch of old codgers..... Goldth (I speak of myself only.... 357 )
Gus (LC&P).
ezdays Wrote:Just in case you hadn't noticed ... not too bad for a forum that's only been on-line for 18 months. ... We thank you all for making Big blue one of the premier forums for model railroaders and railroad fans around. Cheers Cheers

And thank you, Don ezdays and Mikey ngauger for making it all possible ...
[... and a tip o' the hat to doctorwayne who, over on one of the Model Railroader forums suggested that I come over and check this place out, after I had asked him for some weathering secrets. Coming here was one of the best model railroading decisions I've ever made!]

Congatulations to Big Blue at The-Gauge !
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Good people trying hard to make a positive impact on an enjoyable hobby by helping others.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Herc Driver Wrote:Good people trying hard to make a positive impact on an enjoyable hobby by helping others.

Cheers

I have no problem using words, but I'd be hard pressed to express the thought as eloquently.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks for all the compliments and thanks to all the members that make it a LOT of fun for us, watching over everything here....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks to the admins, and mods for sticking with us after the "fiasco" at the "other" forum. This place is my favorite forum, and all of you are talented modelers. I thank you all for teaching me and letting me be a part of this group.

Dave
-Dave
ngauger Wrote:Thanks for all the compliments and thanks to all the members that make it a LOT of fun for us, watching over everything here....

Not only fun, but you all also make it probably the easiest Moderator job on the internet...! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Thanks all!

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:Thanks for all the compliments and thanks to all the members that make it a LOT of fun for us, watching over everything here....

Not only fun, but you all also make it probably the easiest Moderator job on the internet...! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Thanks all!

Andrew

Cheers You're right, Andrew. It almost makes me feel guilty accepting that big cheque for my Moderating duties. Oh, wait!....Never mind, I was confused there for a moment. 35 Misngth 357 Misngth 357

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Cheers You're right, Andrew. It almost makes me feel guilty accepting that big cheque for my Moderating duties. Oh, wait!....Never mind, I was confused there for a moment. 35 Misngth 357 Misngth 357

Wayne
We are pleased to be able to send out such large checks to our volunteer moderators. Fortunately for us, our lawyers, Dewey, Cheetum and Howe, have advised us not to back them up with deposits since the bank we use, The First National Bank of Mowie-wowie, isn't solvent to begin with. The last person to try to cash one of our checks, well, we haven't heard from him since the feds hauled him away. Eek Nope Shoot Just a word of warning there. Icon_lol

As I said, it is a total delight to run this forum. So little moderation is necessary that we need to run refresher courses ever three months just to keep our mods in shape just in case there is some work to do.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:As I said, it is a total delight to run this forum. So little moderation is necessary that we need to run refresher courses ever three months just to keep our mods in shape just in case there is some work to do.

Don's only half-joking about this, and it's due in large part to our great Members - thanks to all of you for making our time here so pleasant. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
ezdays Wrote:... since the bank we use, The First National Bank of Mowie-wowie , isn't solvent to begin with.

Confusedhock: Hey, you can roll one of those "checks" and send it to me ... I promise I won't try to cash it ... I'll just look at it Big Grin, and then burn it Wink so the Feds won't be tempted to haul me away. Thumbsup Cheers Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Big Grin Icon_lol
biL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:... since the bank we use, The First National Bank of Mowie-wowie , isn't solvent to begin with.

Confusedhock: Hey, you can roll one of those "checks" and send it to me ... I promise I won't try to cash it ... I'll just look at it Big Grin, and then burn it Wink so the Feds won't be tempted to haul me away. Thumbsup Cheers Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Big Grin Icon_lol
Be glad to my friend. First though we'll need a bit of info from you such as your SSN, birthdate, address, mother's maiden name, all your bank account numbers and their on-line banking passwords. Goldth These are just precautions that the Bank of Mowie-wowie requested us to take and to forward this info to them for, as they put it, "Further processing". They are, of course, trustworthy individuals, all having been previously employed somewhere in northern NJ in the... uh, "waste management" sector. Their "president" is said to sing in a very high voice, kind of in the "Soprano" range, if you get my drift. 2285_ Shoot

You might want to reconsider asking for one of these checks, receiving one does create an unbreakable bond not to cash it and I'm not too sure if the guys that picked up the last person to try and cash one, were feds or not, they did however, have guns so that was kind of an assumption on my part. Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
As Rosanna Rosanadana on "Saturday Night Live" used to say ...

"Ahhh ... Never mind!" Icon_lol
biL