General Rubber Company.
MountainMan Wrote:If you process used tires, you will need a large elctromnagnet to remove pieces of steel belts from the ground-up rubber.

Hmmmmm. and, an occasional pick up of the "recycled" steel.......one more type of rolling stock to make scheduled visits, and possibly, one more loading dock door......or overhead bin.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:If you process used tires, you will need a large elctromnagnet to remove pieces of steel belts from the ground-up rubber.

Hmmmmm. and, an occasional pick up of the "recycled" steel.......one more type of rolling stock to make scheduled visits, and possibly, one more loading dock door......or overhead bin.

Guys,Fear not..General Rubber receives production scrap from manufacturers that produces rubber products and that may be car defective floor mats,rubber fishing lures (like worms minnows) rubber balls that failed QC,and other like rubber scrap in trucks..This scrap rubber is ran through a chopper and then a blender..Then finish product is rubber pellets which is loaded into covered hoppers or into gaylords for shipment by truck.

In this process there is no tires..
-------------------------------------

John,I will probably use a "concrete" foundation made from solid square ABS plastic.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
We have several roads that have been repaved with asphalt that contains ground rubber from used tires in the mix.The paving seems to hold up a lot longer than the normal stuff.

My point being I'm thinking of taking your idea and running with it to make a rubber processing plant to do the above operation.Since alot of this ground rubber is jobsite mixed I would be able to use both trucks and covered hoppers for transportation.The fun part would be making all those wornout tires. Eek

Now all I have to do is remember this idea for about a year so I can impliment it on the layout.

Thanks for the idea Larry .
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt Wrote:We have several roads that have been repaved with asphalt that contains ground rubber from used tires in the mix.The paving seems to hold up a lot longer than the normal stuff.

My point being I'm thinking of taking your idea and running with it to make a rubber processing plant to do the above operation.Since alot of this ground rubber is jobsite mixed I would be able to use both trucks and covered hoppers for transportation.The fun part would be making all those wornout tires. Eek

Now all I have to do is remember this idea for about a year so I can impliment it on the layout.

Thanks for the idea Larry .

John,No problem..Sound far better then mine.

Now the bad news..The General Rubber project is delayed till at least Friday..They shipped HO buildings instead of N Scale. Wallbang Wallbang
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Quote:John,No problem..Sound far better then mine.

Nah,almost as good maybe :mrgreen:

Will you be posting progress reports as you build ?
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt Wrote:
Quote:John,No problem..Sound far better then mine.

Nah,almost as good maybe :mrgreen:

Will you be posting progress reports as you build ?

I will post some pictures ...From start and some building of the kits.

I hope to have this project complete in 3 days.

Why three days for a simple project? I allow time for the glue to cure on the sub assemblies.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry