Team Track Industry
kamerad47 Wrote:Those containers are contaminated dirt, If you look around on you tube there are some vids of NS bringing those spine cars to the interchange. the Tyburn RR is basically a transload yard & they interchange with CSX & NS no real tracked , alot of tank cars & covered hoppers . There loco power is a 44 ton & 45 ton .

Thanks for that, so just so I have this correct, are the containers being loaded or unloaded in the transload yard? If they are being loaded i gues they are going off landfill?
jhock Wrote:
kamerad47 Wrote:Those containers are contaminated dirt, If you look around on you tube there are some vids of NS bringing those spine cars to the interchange. the Tyburn RR is basically a transload yard & they interchange with CSX & NS no real tracked , alot of tank cars & covered hoppers . There loco power is a 44 ton & 45 ton .

Thanks for that, so just so I have this correct, are the containers being loaded or unloaded in the transload yard? If they are being loaded i gues they are going off landfill?

I don't thin they are allowed to put contaminated dirt into any land fill. I think it goes to a company that will clean the contaminates out of the dirt. The dirt is then used as clean fill, and the contaminates are disposed of in an appropriate manner.
During my stint as a conductor at Barstow CA yard in late '90s' all the dirty (oil) dirt under the retarders was dug out & sent back east. It was "burned" there & sent back "clean" to be put back. The retarders now air operated.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
The containers are loaded going to there transload yard in upstate NY . It all depends on what the contaminites are ??? Some of them were dried solids ( you know what i mean) from a waste water treatment plant, they go to a land fill .
I had a go at creating a truck for my team track based on the picture in this link http://www.mnjrr.com/images/IMG_1355[2].jpg

[Image: DSCF0264.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0263.jpg]
NICE!!!!! Now you need to build some spine cars!!! I wish there was a way to build a plastics trailer??