Hello Big Blue
Hey guys....

I was told about this forum from a friend who had found some good information on it. So far I like what I see and look forward to particiapting in the group!!
Between working for the REAL railroad and having a family I do not get a lot of time to play with trains. My wife also wonders why if I am around trains all day why I would want to work on them in the basement Big Grin

When I do get time to model I work on my rolling stock, locotmotive, Free-Mo Module or my most recent project a Shelf-MO (part of it is fixed other part is Free-Mo) I am also the President of the Mid-Continent Prototype Modelers and I am incharge of getting our annual RPM meet organized.

I model the SP&S 5th subdivions aka the Oregon Trunk and I am currently focusing on Redmond Oregon. I figure once I have completed one scene I can move on to another station and tackle that. I plan on scratch bashing or scratchbuilding most all of my structures and trying to capture the feel of the railroad in the mid to late 60's. I also have a thing for super detailing EVERYTHING Thumbsup

if you are interested here are a few things I am involved in:
http://oregontrunk.blogspot.com/
http://www.midcontinentprototypemodelers.org/
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Welcome! Glad you could join us! I admire the neat work you pictured on your link. Nicely done!
Ralph
New faces are always welcome around here Goldth SP&S - great! I don't se that area being modeled too often. Here's the deal with Big Blue - people like photos of your work and your progress - and lots of them Cheers. There are plenty of warm, helpful people around here to help you stay motivated and give you lots of great ideas.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Welcome to Big Blue, Greg. Great to have you here and looking forward to your input. From your background, sounds like you will be a great addition to the forum!

Welcome
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Welcome to our family, glad to have you aboard... Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Welcome!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Welcome

New member! New member! 2285_ Waveof7 2285_

I'm sure that you'll enjoy hanging out here, even if you are around trains all day. But what Kevin, the Nachoman said about pictures is 100% true ... we like to look at pictures!!

So ... welcome, Goat ... and post some pictures ... c'mon, what's keepin' ya!?
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Welcome
SP&S doesn't seem to get a lot of attention, it will be good to see someone modeling that line. I got interested, briefly, when the model railroad club decided to change the layout and represent the Front Range. By the time I had completed these:

The "powers that be" decided to change again.
They still get some run time on the modular group layout, at shows.
I think you will find this a comfortable place to "talk model railroading".
As for the "real trains, and "basement trains", I see that as perfectly natural. What interests us enough to work at it, interests us enough to play at it.
Again,
Welcome
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Welcome to the best model railroad forum!! (okay, so I'm a bit prejudiced!) Welcome
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

I am a member of many other forums on the internet but have not found one that has such a consitant amount of high level models. Each time I open a thread I am amazed at what I see and what I have already learned is great. This forum already has me planning on building a small structure to particiapte in the Summer Structure Challenge. I was going to hold off building any structures until I had my electrical work done, but this project will be small and can be worked on in between burns from my soldering iron Misngth

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

[Image: GNv2.jpg]
The GN runs extra south of Bend with a train headed for Klamath Falls. Once this train arrives at Klamath Falls the train will gather up some more traffic and another set of power. With a fresh crew the train will then travel to Beiber CA. and be handed off to the WP. There is a block in this tain destined for the Sant Fe which will be forwarded to the ATSF at Stockton by the WP.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Welcome Glad you could join in the fun, Greg!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Love the photo, Greg. Very nice detail all around.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Thanks for the photograph! Too much type and not enough imagery makes me nod off! Icon_lol

And a beautiful photo it is at that! Very nice! Good composition, nice mix of complementary colors, interesting subject matter, thoughtfully realistic modeling ... oh, yeah ... we're going to enjoy seeing more from you! Keep up the good work!

And of course, by all means, no matter how small, a structure is a structure! Have at it!! The more, the merrier! Thumbsup

Yessir! You will fit right in here! Big Grin
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln