Greetings!
Hey guys. Layout plan rework. I'm doing a model of a portion of the EBT set about 36 years prior to its closing as a commercial carrier. A friend of mine at the local model railroad club is helping me out by bringing me in a book about the EBT's entire lifespan. Modeled will be:

>EBT Rockhill Furnace Yard
>Mt. Union yard
>a few stops for industries between Rockhill Furnace and Mt. Union
>a few stops between the EBT
>a couple of coal mines.

Not a HUGE layout, though, because most of it is going to be in hidding staging sections masked by forest everywhere but a couple of places. Might be kinda hard to model it in winter though. Gotta hide enterance into staging. But at the same time, most of the trees need to have NO leaves. It'd be easy in spring or summer because the trees HAVE leaves.

Should be fun. I'm going to have an imagineered steamer on the line, too. An Articulated steamer bought after the mikes and replacing the iconic #12, the smalles of all of the EBT Mikes.
I don't know what your layout-building history is ... but I would have one bit of advice for you, based on what I see in the plans that you have described and the quickness with which they have been modified ... TAKE YOUR TIME ... this is not a race ... it is a hobby! The most important thing about a model railroad that is enjoyable to operate and not fraught with frustration due to frequent derailments, is well-laid track! Take your time when laying the track. Check it for gauge, make sure that if there are rail joints on curves that you have not introduced any kinks in the rails at the joints. Nothing is more discouraging than one derailment after another!

Take your time, take care in your track laying, don't be in too much of a hurry ... this hobby is a bit like a journey, it is a hobby to be enjoyed, and building that layout is part of the enjoyable journey. So ... take your time and enjoy ... and learn. I've been enjoying this hobby for over 50 years ... and I still learn new things about the hobby, railroading, steam locomotives, electrical and electronic stuff and even things as simple a building in styrene, something I have been doing for the 2010 Summer Structure Challenge. I am not a newcomer to building structures (or anything else, for that matter) in styrene, but tonight I discovered a couple new approaches to part fabrication, something that I have been doing for over thirty years!

So plan well, but be conservative about your plan ... keep coming to Big Blue and discussing what you are doing, and take photos and post them here ... it makes it easier for all of us to help you, even if that help is merely in the form of encouragement.

But most of all, enjoy the hobby! As they always say ... Model Railroading is fun!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
RRManiac Wrote:I will post up pictures of the stuff as it is convenient.

Is it convenient yet? 357 Wink

Have you started the benchwork? If not, how about a pic of the space?
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
It's convenient. I just don't have any pics to post Tongue.

Nothing is built yet.

I'll try and take a picture of the space later on today. It's kinda early.
Since the line has since been altered yet again, I'm posting up a new layout thread. Pics of stuff to go on it will be posted up there.