paper paper everywhere
Voice recognition and voice control are available if you want to pay for it. When I was working in the Industrial Design/Human Factors Group at Sperry Corp. back in the late '80's, the H/F guys were serious :geek: and :ugeek: ! They were all double PhD's ... PhD Computer Science, PhD Clinical Psychology. (I was one of the undereducated guys in the group - I only had a BS Industrial Design.) 35

One of the H/F guys wrote war gaming programming (with animated visuals) at night "just for sh*ts and giggles." :ugeek: Icon_idea :ugeek: Worship

One guy was working on voice recognition and speach synthesis and every so often, a semi-mechanical voice could be heard coming from his office ... "This ... iz tha ... store-ee of Gold ... Ee-lox anndt thuh thr-ee bears ..." For some reason, I laughed every time I heard it then (his office was directly accross the hall from mine) and I still laugh today when I think about it. What an interesting group to work with!

But the technology does exist today, aimed at the handicapped, but it doesn't come inexpensively! $$$ Eek
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
I was wondering if this forum has a "Big Blue Forum Surfing for Dummies" book available? I'll take one. Where do I mail the check? Icon_lol
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!
I know, FedEx13 ... It seems a bit undaunting! I'm still learning - there are lots of things here that I don't know whata they are -- I just haven't clicked on it to see what happens. My daughter just emailed me a dictionary of Internet Abbreviations, like IWNBD and IMHOand all that stuff -- how else do you learn? You just try stuff, or PM somebody and ask them - that's what I've done in the past!
biL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
FedEx13 Wrote:I was wondering if this forum has a "Big Blue Forum Surfing for Dummies" book available? I'll take one. Where do I mail the check? Icon_lol

Like bIL says - just ask. The only stupid question is the one unasked.

Andrew
Hey guys, now that the winter thaw is underway, I've been cleaning out the garage......again! I've rearranged and consolidated all the timetable and rulebook cases - for the 100th time. I do have a couple of cases of railroad paper items - that I have posted in previous posts listed above. Some of you were interested in certain items. If any of you are still interested, I would love to sell some of this stuff off. I have a bunch of items from the following RR's: PC, CR, PRR, NYS&W, UP, ATSF and counless others too numerous to name here without writing a short journal.

Without retyping again, browse through previous posts above to view what I have.

Thanks again...and HAPPY SPRING!!!!!

Steve
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!
Set me Up with the Conrail "penn central" and "CNJ" districts train orders. Both of them are EXACTLY what i model. That would be nice to go for.

And the Penn Central Hat patch sounds neat to.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
How about Pere Marquette, C&O, GTW, or NYC mid 40's?

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
FedEx13 Wrote:... switchlist:
NYO&W - have 5 (hard card type) ...
... note pads:
Reading: letterhead stationary from signal & communication dept.
That's it for box 1. Box 2 contains locomotive inspection reports. Box 3 contains note pads and stationary.
Boy, I have a bunch of stuff.

I might be interested in some of this kind of thing if the price is right ...

and when you get to box three, PM me if you have any Reading Company note pads or the like.
biL