My Hometown---Part 2
Hi Charlie---the speed limit at Bayview Junction is 40 mph.The switch shown in the picture is just east of Bayview so I would think the speed limit would be the same.Here's some shots of trains near the bridge where I took the shot

[Image: 2209y003.jpg]

[Image: 031.jpg]

[Image: VIA6445-1.jpg]

[Image: 025-1.jpg]

[Image: 023-1.jpg]
Not long ago,the CN service facility on Stuart St. was a busy place---although still in existence,Raillink has taken over---today's shot looks a lot different from a shot taken in the early 80's

[Image: ViewatStuartStlocofacility.jpg]

[Image: P1080137.jpg]

[Image: CNlocosattheStuartStYard.jpg]
Hello--- here's a photo of the Hamilton CNR service facility during the steam era

[Image: 007-1.jpg]
Wow, how did you get Barney to let you have that one? One great picture.
Charlie
Hello Everyone---we finally got a break from the high heat and humidity so I grabbed my camera and headed out to do some railfanning---here's some of the action

[Image: P10802742.jpg]

[Image: P1080278-1.jpg]

[Image: P1080283-1.jpg]
Hello again---a few more shots from yesterday including something for the CP and VIA fans

[Image: P1080272.jpg]

[Image: P1080275.jpg]

[Image: P10802762.jpg]

[Image: P1080286-1.jpg]
Hello Everyone---some shots taken this afternoon at Kinnear Yard

[Image: P1080450.jpg]

[Image: P1080451.jpg]

[Image: P1080454.jpg]
Hello Everyone---what a great day I had today.I was lucky to be able to join up with Doctor Wayne and Val (Spitfire) for some local sight-seeing.I thought my luck had run out as the train action was slow as we visited some of my favourite spots,so we decided to visit another local attraction---HMCS Haida.This turned out to be the highlight of the day---if you are ever in Hamilton,a tour of the Haida is a must---we toured the entire ship stem to stern,forecastle to engine room and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.After we dropped off Val and were heading home I thought I would drive by some of the older factories as I know Wayne is interested in these older structures---this turned out to be a stroke of good luck as I found a new location to railfan---the pedestian overpass at Emerald St.--- I actually grew up in this neighbourhood but until today,I have never taken any pictures from this location.Anyway,here's some pictures of today's trains---I'll save the photos of the Haida for another time.Thanks again Val and Wayne---you definetly made my day

Howard Rd.,Aldershot

[Image: P1080510.jpg]

[Image: P1080511.jpg]

Emerald and Birge Sts.,Hamilton.In the first shot,the train is crossing Victoria Ave.,the street I grew up on

[Image: P1080561-1.jpg]

[Image: P1080564-1.jpg]

[Image: P1080562.jpg]

[Image: P1080567.jpg]
Ed, nice shots and a great location. Is there much action there?
Charlie
Hi Charlie---thanks for responding.This section of track is the CN main line heading east to Niagara Falls and the U.S border at Buffalo N.Y. so it can be busy.There is also some scheduled Via and Amtrak passenger service.It's not as busy as Bayview but is still a great spot---you can be sure I'll be making more stops at this location in the future

This shot is looking west.The Stuart St. yard is in the distance

[Image: P1080554.jpg]

This is looking east with the industrial skyline of Hamilton to the north or left side of the tracks

[Image: P1080566.jpg]
Not surprisingly, the pictures I got were pretty-much the same.
[Image: August15th2011daytrip003.jpg]

...although I caught this Texas Railcar Leasing Company cement hopper:
[Image: August15th2011daytrip004.jpg]

...and this photo of the pedestrian overpass from which the photos were taken:
[Image: August15th2011daytrip010.jpg]

The former American Can plant looks like somebody had money to burn on DPM modular wall sections:
[Image: August15th2011daytrip011.jpg]

Wayne
The former American Can plant looks like somebody had money to burn on DPM modular wall sections:

Wow! No kidding! I was thinking DPM before I read your caption! Eek
At Mister Nutbar's behest, I've scanned a photo, by the late Reg Button, of a similar view of the tracks past American Can, taken February 4th, 1968. It's from Stephan M. Koenig's book "Trackside around the Niagara Peninsula 1953-1976 with Reg Button".

[Image: ScanofCNRatAmericanCan002-1.jpg]

Wayne
Thanks Doc Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Now you can see why I like the late Reg Button and that book so much---I had the priveledge to have known Reg and would often find him taking pictures at many of my favourite spots around Hamilton.I know there's another great shot from this location showing a couple of Wabash F-units crossing Victoria Ave.---there's a billboard in the background featuring a Camaro.If you would be so kind to scan and add that photo,you will make my day.
OOPS---I wasn't thinking about copyrite issues with using other people's photos 35 35 35 take my word,it's a great photo.Here's something I can show from yesterday

[Image: P1080510-3.jpg]

[Image: P1080564-2.jpg]