FORD Auto Module
Hi Trucklover.
I saw your articles about the FORD automotive plant while I was searching for someone selling the Walthers Assembly Plant (933-3079) kit. I need to purchase 2 kits because I want to kit-bash the front, office portions into one stand-alone brick-built HQ main office building for my sawmill/pulpwood mill complex I am slowly building. I can find no other kit that suits my purposes or my image of what a modern (contemporary) corporate office building would like look. I live in England and I don't think the FORD series of kits ever found their way to the UK. So I have to keep looking on ebay and the like. I've bid twice now, but never succesful.! I was wondering if you still had a spare office section of the Assembly Plant kit that you would like to sell on? Or if I was able to buy a complete kit, are you still looking for the factory elements to expand your factory layout, tha t I couldgive to you?
Let me know.
Best regards,
Andrew from England.
Hi Andrew,

i just checked my leftovers from the build, and I do have what looks to be 1 complete office section from the kit. It looks to be complete besides the fact that it is missing the roof pieces because i used them on another part of the building or another structure (cant remember lol). I have the base, side walls, upper side walls, windows, glass, and front entrance piece.

I can sell the pieces to you if you are still interested. What do you have that you would be willing to trade?
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Josh, that module looks AWESOME! Nice work! My one and only nit pick would be that your loading ramps need to be yellow. Most, if not all loading ramps at an auto plant or mixing center are some shade of that color. I would imagine it's for some sort of safety reason.

It's a real shame you don't see the 86' or the 60' boxcars these days as much. I don't know about Ford, but most of the GM plants don't have parts delivered by rail anymore.

I had two of those auto loading ramp kits awhile back and sold them....I could kick myself for doing that because you can't find them anywhere these days.

Oh, get those F-150's out of there.... Wayne Assembly only builds cars Goldth If you decide to add any locomotives to it, you might consider CSX units as they're the one who switches the auto loading ramps. Of course, Norfolk Southern also serves the plant on the other side too.
Mike
conrailmike Wrote:I had two of those auto loading ramp kits awhile back and sold them....I could kick myself for doing that because you can't find them anywhere these days.

There are several of these kits at two hobby shops i go to. I'm really bad in that i've intended to buy more (get the auto assembly building and extra ramps), but i haven't set the money aside for it yet.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:
conrailmike Wrote:I had two of those auto loading ramp kits awhile back and sold them....I could kick myself for doing that because you can't find them anywhere these days.

There are several of these kits at two hobby shops i go to. I'm really bad in that i've intended to buy more (get the auto assembly building and extra ramps), but i haven't set the money aside for it yet.

If you get a chance, buy them! I can't believe the prices some people are charging for them because they're out of production.
Mike
conrailmike Wrote:If you get a chance, buy them! I can't believe the prices some people are charging for them because they're out of production.

Yeah, its annoying. I wanted to get another SEPTA AEM7 electric (just like in my avatar), but the guy selling it wanted $150 for it. I'd be better off buying it off Ebay. His reasoning is "If you don't buy it, someone will"

I know you're right, and i'll kick myself if i let them slip away, but on the other hand i can't justify it. I already have a slew of Walthers kits either half painted or still in boxes, like an Modern Gas Station, Station platforms, Oil Refinery, george roberts printing, Electric transmission lines, and that isn't even counting the constructed buildings i have that are sittin on the shelf.

I feel like, if i bought those kits, it would be more "stagnant money", that sits on my shelf. Then again, better my shelf than someone elses!
1 day left on ebay better bid up <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ATLAS-HO-AEM-7-SEPTA-LOCOMOTIVE-AMTRAK-PANTOGRAPH-/170599643700">http://cgi.ebay.com/ATLAS-HO-AEM-7-SEPT ... 0599643700</a><!-- m -->
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
That thing is junk. SOme jerk painted Amtrak lines over it.

the sad part is it was probaly some crazy person who wanted the darker gray roof of the prototype Amtrak, but thought it would be to hard to mask and repaint the roof, so they ruined a SEPTA one instead.
What size and color ballast did you use for roof of am.plt
Thank you,mike
[color=#Poor people do things in poor ways...004000][/color]
Mike, the ballast on the roof is actually masonry sand that I got from Lowes. I sifted the sand and got 2 different sized ballast rocks out of it, the finer of which I used on the roof
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
conrailmike Wrote:Josh, that module looks AWESOME! Nice work! My one and only nit pick would be that your loading ramps need to be yellow. Most, if not all loading ramps at an auto plant or mixing center are some shade of that color. I would imagine it's for some sort of safety reason.

It's a real shame you don't see the 86' or the 60' boxcars these days as much. I don't know about Ford, but most of the GM plants don't have parts delivered by rail anymore.

I had two of those auto loading ramp kits awhile back and sold them....I could kick myself for doing that because you can't find them anywhere these days.

Oh, get those F-150's out of there.... Wayne Assembly only builds cars Goldth If you decide to add any locomotives to it, you might consider CSX units as they're the one who switches the auto loading ramps. Of course, Norfolk Southern also serves the plant on the other side too.

Thanks for the reply Mike! I actually tore the whole module down and apart, I had a guy email me saying he was interested in the module and wanted me to add a few things so he could fit it in his layout, so I ripped it apart and came up with a new track plan design for it. I'll try and get some pictures of the track plan and some progress pictures Ive got so far later this evening for you guys to see
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Josh,
I haven't seen you post in a while. Welcome back! How is your hobby shop business going, or are you just super busy with school?
Thanks Josh,my second plant is on its way.Cant wait to start.Love your work.
[color=#Poor people do things in poor ways...004000][/color]