Howdy!...
Just wanted to say Hi!..I am new here but been model model railroading for over 40 years...Usta model in HO but a move to a small apartment about 10 years ago forced me into N scale..I have a small railroad I call the Illinois and Southern...We drag southern Illinois coal out of the mines...Railroad is 40 inches by 24 inches with a small "fiddle yard"...Its on wheels so I can move it to make it better to work on from my wheel chair...I run the I&S like a real short line most of locos and rolling stock is stuff I have picked up 2nd and 3rd hand and rehabed...I have alot of time on my hands and I love to pick up older non running stock rehabing it and seeing it back in service..I think Model Railroading is a great hobby and I have got to know some great folk thru it...Jerry

[Image: IMG_0337.jpg]
Welcome to Big Blue Jerry! Welcome

Any more pictures of that fine looking layout to share? Big Grin
Welcome Welcome Welcome

So glad you found us @ Big Blue at The-Gauge!!
We look forward to seeing more of that fine looking layout that you've teased us with one photo of!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Howdy Jerry, Good to have another modeler join us here.
I just retired from a short line railroad where I was the supervisor of operations. I'm now building my own little PRR HO empire in a 24X40 building I just built.
Hope to see frequent posts from you.
Charlie
Hey, welcome to Big Blue, always glad to see another N scaler show up. That's a long time modeling and it shows, really nice layout for that kind of space. And yes, you'll get to meet some more "great folk" here, that I can guarantee you.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Welcome!!! Good looking layout!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Hi Jerry and welcome aboard! Glad you could join us. I admire your interest in rehabing older equipment. Thumbsup
Ralph
Welcome!

Smile,
Stein
Hello and welcome to the Big Blue, not an n scaler but good modeling and experience are allways nice to see no matter what the scale. I my self have O gauge and S gauge at home and have just started an HO club at the local rec center. Looking forword to some great pics in the shutterbug section also check in at the hobo's campfire.....Great bunch here at the gauge big blue. train
24" X 40".......You have a lot of railroad in that small space !! Nicely done !! Thumbsup

Welcome to the Gauge ! Welcome

I think you'll find that this is a comfortable spot to share a great hobby. Forty years.....you've been at this for "a while", we may be able to learn something from you.
I've been at this, well over fifty years now, and I'm still learning! Eek :oops: 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks for all the kind words..you all make me feel welcome...Thanks Jerry....Ths is a newer photo of the I&S...
[Image: IMG_0888.jpg]
Welcome ...you've got a lot going on on that layout! N scale rocks! I love the blimp.....
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
Cox 1947 Wrote:love to pick up older non running stock rehabing it and seeing it back in service

That is also one of my favorite parts of the hobby. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects. And WELCOME to Big Blue! Thumbsup
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times