Kentucky Bourbon & GERNFLUX
Actually I am using some old style Model Power street lights. A few small redoes on them here and there and they will become security lights for the outside of the buildings. It is kinda use what you have on hand type project. I will take some pictures later.
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jmarksbery@aol.com">jmarksbery@aol.com</a><!-- e -->

W.C. & T. RAILROAD
N-Scale
Owner:
Col. Jim Marksberry
tetters Wrote:Boy...I sure could use a drink right now.

Is that wrong to say at 9:21am while sitting at work?!? Big Grin

I think that Rule G may apply in that situation. Wink Misngth

Jim, I like the looks of your bottling plant, particularly the way in which you've muted the European traits of the architecture. That which remains on the ground floor is just the right touch to suitably impress visitors and passersby. The scratchbuilt additions add detail and interest, and help to establish the building's purpose and connection to the rest of the plant. Nice work, again. Thumbsup

Wayne
"Rule G"? As in "Guzzle"? 8-)

There is no "Rule G" for retired people...although we do try to remain aware of little details like AM or TongueM and the month... Wink
jmarksbery Wrote:Actually I am using some old style Model Power street lights. A few small redoes on them here and there and they will become security lights for the outside of the buildings. It is kinda use what you have on hand type project. I will take some pictures later.
Thanks Jim
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Jim, that is a fantastic kitbash/scratchbuild. Thumbsup . Your attention to details turns your bottling plant into something special. Great job Thumbsup .
Kurt
Here is another building I am working on for the complex. Made a few changes, small ones but adds interest. Such as I don't like doors going to nowhere so I added a landing for the front one, extra pipes and electric conduit, vents, relocated the truck loading area as I am putting the building flat against the backdrops and added an office/scale house between the dead space of the silos and the car loading area. Still got some adding too to do to it yet. More later.
Jim

Attached Files Image(s)

W.C. & T. RAILROAD
N-Scale
Owner:
Col. Jim Marksberry
Terrific job on that silos building..!! Thumbsup

Looks like GERN Industries is on a roll.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Great overall structure Jim, and once again I notice details like the electrical conduit leading up the walls. I've gotta remember to include that detail on my structures, it adds a lot.

Ralph
So many fine examples around here for me to steal I mean... no thats not it... borrow, yeah thats what I meant, borrow from when I get started on my own structures. Misngth
That structure would look great all lit up. By the way Jim would you use a old DC power pack to lite all the building off perhaps a DC buss line?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
I do plan on putting in and on some working lights, using LED's, I just got to figure out which way to put the little diode thingies! 35
I am not very good a electrical stuff like that and I don''t want to use bulbs!

W.C. & T. RAILROAD
N-Scale
Owner:
Col. Jim Marksberry
why dont you want to use bulbs? i still use them and they last for a long time if you use the correct voltage--josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
I use bulbs, dimmed with a potentiometer to make them look "dark". They've lasted me for ages (10-12 years, at least)...I turn them up just enough to give the illusion that something's going on in there....
BTW...those buildings are really great..!!
Gus (LC&P).
tetters Wrote:So many fine examples around here for me to steal I mean... no thats not it... borrow, yeah thats what I meant, borrow from when I get started on my own structures. Misngth

Steal from one, it's plagarism; steal from many, it's "research"...! Wink Big Grin

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:
tetters Wrote:So many fine examples around here for me to steal I mean... no thats not it... borrow, yeah thats what I meant, borrow from when I get started on my own structures. Misngth

Steal from one, it's plagarism; steal from many, it's "research"...! Wink Big Grin

Andrew

I prefer to think of it as flattery of the highest form. Worship

Big Grin