My Z scale layouts from start to ???
Catt Wrote:Pete,The only thing a finished layout is good for is replacement. Eek

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Catt, I just got done with a questionaire from the Republican National Committee ---- you probably heard me " expressing my opinion ", ...from across the lake !!!! --- I really needed a GOOD laugh.
Thanks, your timing was excellent !!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I just realized I could come real close to posting a update pic every 2 to 3 days. Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I could have posted this pic on monday ,but the wyf went from Windows7 back to Vista (W7 was/is one big PITA).Anyway after doing that our network just up and decided it didn't want to.So I am posting today now that I am back online.

[Image: newpln2h.jpg]

The Blue sky (?) is to hide some of the junk visable in the other pics.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

nuther little update pic.Still have aways to go,but I am making steady progress.I should have A.R.Curtis Mfg.finished this weekend.Green building is a place holder till I decide what I really want to put there.

[Image: newpln2i.jpg]

Some of the older members (N scalers anyway) might remember this logo.I need to reduce it to a size more fitting for a Z scale building.

[Image: aclogo1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

This update is as much for A.R.Curtis Mfg. as it is for the layout.

[Image: newpln2j.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Nuther little layout update photo.

[Image: layout_9.jpg]

Fashia is not really this deep I just extended it down to hide the crap under the layout. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

The Z as it looks today.This pic was taken at the annual Riverbend Model Railroad club show yesterday.I am pleased to type that the layout generated a lot of interest and compliments. :mrgreen:

[Image: rb2012g.jpg]

When I set the layout up I got mybag of trees out of the tote and totally forgot about them which is why the layout looks like it was clearcut. :oops:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt wrote: "This pic was taken at the annual Riverbend Model Railroad club show yesterday.I am pleased to type that the layout generated a lot of interest and compliments. "

That's one of the real benefits of modular, or portable layouts. They do generate interest in the hobby, and yeah, there are the "occasional" compliments.
Even "clearcut", the layout looks great! Thumbsup Thumbsup

I always make sure the display hall has a double door exit, so I can get my swelled head out, at the end of the show. 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Great layout Catt!
Cheers Thumbsup Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
From the other end

[Image: rb2012e.jpg]

and a side view

[Image: rb2012f.jpg]

Next project is the downtown area.That will be where the gas station is now.The gas station will be moved to the left to the next street.Where the hill is it will be flat and hopefully it will say Z scale,with scale below the Z.

But for the next month the N acale layout gets the TLC.

By the way guys,thanks for the compliments. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Well,it's time to get back to this layout.I have till 4/20/12 to get the commercial district done ,or at least looking good. Eek The area where it is going is where the gas station was.Stonebridge Models will soon have their modern day Shell station done and that will replace the one I had on the layout (can't garentee it will stay a Shell station though).

This is where the commercial district will go.

[Image: step_1.jpg]

This one shows the area cleaned out.

[Image: step_2.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Here are four of the scratchbuilt buildings going into the business district.

[Image: all_4.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Hmmmmmm, those buildings look familiar! Icon_lol You need to wrap this up so you can get back on the N scale layout!
Mike

Actually Mike,I will still have a fair amount of time to work on the N scale layout.In fact I would have had time today to work on it except we had some running aropund town that could not be put off any longer. Sad

Now this evening is club night where we seam to have a bit of almost everything.We have a nice sized HO layout ,we are working on a fairly decent sized (a lot smaller than my home layout),and we just had a S scale/guage club join us enmasse.

The Z will either be at the club for NTS or I will have it at the show.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Have fun at the club Catt. We may be getting a Round Robin club started up here at the end of next month.
Mike