Extreme Trains
No 'Extreme Trains' on the 6th but it will be back on the 13th with a repeat of 'Coal Trains'.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
has anything been mentioned yet about this the history channel doing another season on this show?

todd
Yes, I did on the second page of this thread.
railohio Wrote:I've heard it through the grapevine that there will be a second season of Extreme Trains produced. Hopefully they can work on medicating the host before the filming begins...

Well you know how boring trains can be to the general public..He just adds zip to the show.. Icon_lol

I suspect Mike Rowe would have been better but,he's not a railroader and to busy getting dirty.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:I suspect Mike Rowe would have been better but,he's not a railroader and to busy getting dirty.

Now that's something I would like to see. Lot's of places on the railroad where someone can get dirty.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I voted Mike Rowe for President.

Not really, but would have if he ran. he is an awesome host, and hard worker, and from my home state. He would have been a great host for ET.

Dave
-Dave
You may be on to something. They should have a special dirty railroad jobs show.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
He's already did tie replacement.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
im glad they are going to do another season of the series. even though the host is rather "differant", the show is still pretty good and i learned a few things i never knew before. and im sure the host is an awsome guy too.

mike rowe though was very good on the dirty job epsisode in which he did tie replacement. i was getting tired just watching him on that particular episode.

todd
Puddlejumper Wrote:I voted Mike Rowe for President.

Not really, but would have if he ran. he is an awesome host, and hard worker, and from my home state. He would have been a great host for ET.

Dave
But not a good worker, have you seen all the tings he broke before? Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:
Puddlejumper Wrote:I voted Mike Rowe for President.

Dave
But not a good worker, have you seen all the tings he broke before? Icon_lol

LOL yeah he does have a tendency to break things but at least he is willing to get dirty! He also sings one heck of an opera!

Dave
-Dave
I been thinking..When THC approach the railroads about filming this show I can't help but wonder if the "host" railroads required a railroader or a person experienced around railroads-hobbyist need not apply.
After all there are many show hosts but,they hired a experience conductor instead.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:I been thinking..When THC approach the railroads about filming this show I can't help but wonder if the "host" railroads required a railroader or a person experienced around railroads-hobbyist need not apply.
After all there are many show hosts but,they hired a experience conductor instead.
That could very well be, or even the network's insurance carrier, or the network themselves might, since these are the guys that have to pay if the host breaks something. If Mike Rowe makes bad, it could cost them a few hundred or a few thousand dollars. Let him drive a train and break it, wow!!! Still, personality has a lot to do with who hosts a show and who doesn't.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Oh, BTW, it sees like they're into some reruns right now, so those of you that missed the coal train series, it's on this week.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Yep...they're still dragging the "priceless load of coal" around. Icon_lol