Weekly Photo Fun Dec 3 to Dec 9
Geez, no observations on Wayne's amazing details, arrangements, and depth of field? Sheesh....well, Wayne, let me be the first to say...smoley hoke!!!! Big Grin They are truly stupendous images. I love 'em.

I love all the steamer shots above, and of course Shay's great daylight images up close'n personal. I like Dana's shot very much...you have captured 'the look' very well. And Greg, you have some fine rolling stock nicely weathered.

I have been playing with snow and creating effects again. Here is an image I generated with Sagelight's cloning brush.

[Image: StackwinterQ22finalres.jpg]

Crandell
Thanks for the kind words, Crandell, Smile although based on the quality of the photos being shared, I'm almost embarrassed to post my offerings. While that old camera does offer a pretty-decent depth-of-field, it also gives a pretty obvious "height-of-field", too, Misngth 35 Cropping those last two pictures would've made them pretty pointless, though, and everyone here is already familiar with my wooden "clouds" and "northern lights". Wink Goldth

Your photos are always nicely composed (which shows some forethought in your layout design) and you've got those smoke effects down to an art. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
great shots everyone. I have to say that I like selector"s best. that winter snow really makes me shiver...
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Here we see N&W GP9 idling in the early morning sun at the Slate Creek yard while the crew has a cup of coffee while going over the day's work load..

[Image: 003-22.jpg]

Photo was taken in natural sunlight and on a temporary switching layout.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
[Image: 1acd80cd.jpg]

Next paint job getting underway:

[Image: 36bbdefc.jpg]

I must've spent more time looking for a prototype photo than actual work on this thing Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Some more work on my scenery...I really should work on my EOY but scenery is so much more fun!!! Also isn't the EOY all about procrastinating??? Seriously though I will get back to my EOY soon, I just need to do some more wiring, which I dislike, and then I can get to detailig whooo hoo!!

[Image: IMG_0324.JPG]
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
[Image: 4670ddaa.jpg]
Tom

Model Conrail

The loco is lookin good Tomustang. I'm no good on loco ID, but that has to be an SD40, right? I very much like the extended "porches" on those.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary S Wrote:The loco is lookin good Tomustang. I'm no good on loco ID, but that has to be an SD40, right? I very much like the extended "porches" on those.
add a dash 2 at the end of it Thumbsup

They definitely are nice lookers and probably the best all around diesel ever
Tom

Model Conrail

Tom,

CR locos are looking good, nice decal and paint job

Bruce
tomustang Wrote:add a dash 2 at the end of it Thumbsup They definitely are nice lookers and probably the best all around diesel ever

Will the model run okay through an Atlas #4 turn-out?
It's a 50/50 game on the #4's, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't
Tom

Model Conrail

That settles that, I really didn't need one for my switching layout anyway! Big Grin

But I sure like'em! Thumbsup
I've heard a rumor that the Reading Company developed the Class A5a 0-4-0 Camelback specifically to be able to negotiate the Atlas #4 turnouts on Front Street in Philly, where the tracks through the turnout curve towards the west before then swinging back to the east, crossing the main Front Street trackage at about 60°and then entering the many piers along the Delaware River. No other wheel arrangement could make it through those sharp, tight Atlas #4's!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:I've heard a rumor that the Reading Company developed the Class A5a 0-4-0 Camelback specifically to be able to negotiate the Atlas #4 turnouts on Front Street in Philly, where the tracks through the turnout curve towards the west before then swinging back to the east, crossing the main Front Street trackage at about 60°and then entering the many piers along the Delaware River. No other wheel arrangement could make it through those sharp, tight Atlas #4's!

The PRR had A5s (Belpaire boilered, non camelback) as well, specifically for Phily (Delaware Ave and Front St.) and Baltimore. Those Atlas #4s must have been a bear!
-Dave