Another new member here
Hi,
I'm Wolfgang Dudler from Iserlohn, Germany. I've started again with model railroad in 1975, N scale at that time. But I've changed in 1980 to H0.
My basement empire is the Westport Terminal RR, a freelance private roadname RR set in 1970 - 80. I like to operate with car cards & waybills.

Now I'm into Hon3. Currently I'm building a stock yard for my NG module Salina. It's fun to build one project AND have the chance to operate a layout.

I'm very active at the FREMO and participate in quite a few meetings.

Wolfgang
We can switch it, day by day -
just in time - and safe
Come to us Westport Terminal RR
Let me be the first to say Welcome Wolfgang! This is a great group of people on here.

I've visited your web site several times over the past few months and you've really got a nice layout there. Hope you don't mind, but I'm taking the liberty of posting a link to one of your video's showing that outstanding, sound equipped GE 25 ton loco doing some switching. I know the guys on here will enjoy it. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEVYrtGhXX4

Regards,
Ed
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Welcome Welcome Welcome

Hello, Wolfgang, and welcome!

I'm am confident that you will easily feel comfortable here and blend right in as "one of the family." There is much to see and much to learn from here. Likewise, there is, I am sure, much knowledge that you will be able to pass on to the others who frequent this forum.

So take your time, look around, take it all in, feel comfortable. You have landed in one of the best model railroad forums on the Internet, one whose members hail from the four corners of the world.

Cheers Welcome Welcome Welcome :mrgreen:

While I was slowly typing, proof-reading, fixing typos and retyping for content, Ed (FCIN) has slipped in underneath me.

So ... let me now be second to welcome you to Big Blue at The-Gauge!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:While I was slowly typing, proof-reading, fixing typos and retyping for content, Ed (FCIN) has slipped in underneath me.

So ... let me now be second to welcome you to Big Blue at The-Gauge!
Sorry Bil - didn't mean to step in line in front of you - I was raised better than that Icon_lol which in itself should give you a clue as to my age!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
No worries ... It happens all the time. I'm just a terminally slow typist, I make many mistakes so I must go back, proof-read and make coorections.

Besides, I got to watch Wolfgang's sweet diminutive 25-tonner earn its keep ... what a cool little critter! I love it! It knows no fear!

I'd like to know more about that charming little piece of motive power ... what sound decoder, what speaker, how is it all installed, etc.

Thanks, Wolfgang, for putting that video up on the Web!

[... and Ed, I'm also from the generation that was taught about the importance of politeness in society.}
biL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Welcome aboard Wolfgang Big Grin

Glad to have another modeler from across the Atlantic!! As has been said, look around, enjoy yourself and feel free to post pictures of your work and links to any videos too...

Great video of a nice engine too!!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Welcome to the gauge Wolfgang. We are glad to have you here.
Charlie
Hertzlich Wilkommen Wolfgang. I hope you'll have a lot of fun here, but don't spend too much time on forums, you need to be working on your modeling Icon_lol
I guess, I should shut up and do it myself ;-)

Welcome!

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Welcome Wolfgang! Your rendition of the Third St. Industrial inspired me to begin my layout with a modified rendition of the same module. Thanks for the inspiration! I enjoyed your website very much.

Dave
-Dave
YEAH! Another HOn3 modeler! We only have a few around here, but could always use more. Welcome!!! Welcome
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
P5se Camelback Wrote:I'd like to know more about that charming little piece of motive power ... what sound decoder, what speaker, how is it all installed, etc.

Thank you all for the welcome!

I've scratch built my first 25-ton and had an article in Scale Rails, March 2010. BTW, this was the last project on my way to MMR. With this experience I've built a Grandt Line kit, also with BullAnt and ESU Loksound micro. Here's myHowTo.

Wolfgang
We can switch it, day by day -
just in time - and safe
Come to us Westport Terminal RR
Gruess Gott und Willkommen, Herr Dudler! I too, am a fan of your Westport Terminal RR and your website; it is also well done and informative. Welcome to the Blue!
Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
WT fan Wrote:
P5se Camelback Wrote: I'd like to know more about that charming little piece of motive power ... what sound decoder, what speaker, how is it all installed, etc.
... I've scratch built my first 25-ton and had an article in Scale Rails, March 2010. BTW, this was the last project on my way to MMR. With this experience I've built a Grandt Line kit, also with BullAnt and ESU Loksound micro. Here's my HowTo. Wolfgang

Wolfgang ...

Your "How-To" was inspiring to this old retired Industrial Designer! The craftsmanship of your work is beautiful!

You cause me to think long and hard about what I have been doing in the hobby and what direction I should now take ... continue in the direction that I have been traveling for years, or take the alternate road that faces me at this point in my life. I, too, have built a variation of the Third Street Industrial, back in the early '80's. Split in the center to make it more manageable, it was the initial two parts of a large, basement-sized layout that I was building. The two sections that were "Third Street" were all hand laid track and when I had to move for a new job, they were saved, wrapped in bubble-wrap and have been in a storage facility since then (20+ years.) I was considering cutting them into sections that could be "re-purposed" into a new, different layout to fit in my new living space. But your interpretation of Third Street is causing me to re-think that decision.

You have also given me encouragement! I had started to do some work on parts of the NMRA's Achievement Program a while ago (for the Gold Spike Award) but had lost sight of that goal. Seeing what you have done, plus watching that cute little 25-Tonnwer switch Third Street (as well as watching the fabrication of "the Bridges of Houston" and the erection of a big fat 4-8-0 Camelback) has inspired me to get up off my old, skinny bottom and make a concerted effort to earn that first rung on the Achievement Program ladder!

Thank you, Wolfgang! and ... Welcome ... again!
biL

Welcome Welcome
I too am happy to see more narrow gauge modeling ! I think you will find Big Blue a comfortable place to visit, and share, the modeling hobby. There are many here to teach, and many here to learn from.
Welcome Welcome Welcome
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Welcome to Big Blue Wolfgang! Your layout looks very cool! Thumbsup