Yet another Newbie from the UK
Hi All

I am a retired IT technician with a fascination for real and model railroads (or railways for those of us on this side of the pond). I model US railroads (around 1970/80) in HO, mainly switching scenarios, I use DCC and have small, (12ft x 1ft) switching layout called 13th Street Yard, set in a anonymous big city whhich allows me to run almost any railroad Smile .

I also model the UK in the early '70s. That is in OO (1:76 scale) and represents the Southern Region of British Railways (as it was then). I use EMUs and short parcels trains running on the 3rd rail system, this layout is called West London Parcels it is 16ft x 1ft6ins and is DC only. It has seen a lot of use around the exhibition circuit and is due for retirement next year

I am a menber of two model railway clubs and have held offices in both, at differing times!!!!

That's it for now

regards

John
Remember railroad modelling is supposed to be fun!!!
Welcome to The Gauge aka Big Blue! Make yourself at home, browse around, and enjoy. Smile
Hello John
Welcome to the Gauge. You will find us full of GERN Flux, but 3% friendlier than most other forums.
I live in Ohio, but have many relatives in the UK, many around Stoke-on-Trent. My other love, besides trains, and my family which includes two Samoyeds.
Looking forward to your posts.
Charlie
Welcome Glad you could join us here!
Ralph
Welcome aboard!!! Glad you found us! Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Welcome from North Carolina! Welcome

There's tons of useful and interesting information here...read, learn, add, laugh, and most of all - take part!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Welcome John!

There's always room here for another Brit (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) Wink

There's lots to see here ... and a whole bunch of very friendly, helpful people.

My grandfather was born in Ashton under Lyne (I think that might be the correct spelling ... I'm never sure.)

I model in the mid-thirties ... all camelback steam, but recently I've joined a club and now have a couple of diesels, the newest of which is a GP39-2.

So, Welcome ... take a good look around, don't be shy ... and post lots of pictures.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Hi John.
I model British railways, myself. I have a lot of Southern equipment (to serve my big station Exeter, St Dayle's) but also a weakness for LMS and LNER. Plus a lot of North American stuff.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.