HO Car Tour Sign Up Thread
Ralph, it's probably as beautiful as you remember, but with a wider array of restaurants.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:Port Able is a small coastal city on Connecticut's Long Island Sound shoreline. It's not a deep water port anymore and it interchanges with the Atlantic Lines Railroad.

The "Louis Arthur" :

A 126'-10" Coastal Freighter, 23' beam, 10'-5" draught, navigates those waters, as well as a small Collier, the "Ralph Henry",

built on the same hull. ( Lindberg's "North Atlantic Fishing Trawler" ).
Drawing only 10'-5", either one should be capable of making Port Able a regular "port-o-call".
With respect to New London, New Haven, or Bridgeport, where, approximately , would one expect to find Port Able ?
The Sagaponack Montauk & Cindys Harbor, runs from Montauk, N.Y. to Cindys Harbor, Me., mostly via the major Northeastern road's track. The "Harbor", runs Steam Era rolling stock, with Steam locos, and occasionally, there can be some modern rolling stock mixed in. We also own a pair of BL20-2, EMD rebuilds. ( It's part of the operating agreement ).
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I've finally narrowed it down to where the town of West Mystic lies. I call it Port Able because my layout is portable[i][/i]and a table top layout por table. It will come apart for easy storage and transport in the back of one of the midsize sedans my wife and I own. The layout will measure 66 inches by 45 inches.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5075/5815...dea6_b.jpg
[Image: 5815970616_e491f2dea6_m.jpg]

Port Able Railway Trackplan Code Guide
A – Interchange with the Atlantic Lines Railroad
B – Caboose Track
C – Port Able Railway Engine House & Shops
D – Regina Manufacturing Corp.
E – Whist Building Supply Inc.
F – Nemo Fish Company Co.
G – End Of Track

I love the boat. At this time, The only ships docking at Port Able are fishing trawlers, but the Nemo fish Company was thinking about loaning out its dock for some small freighter traffic.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

"Portable". Should have seen that! Clever. Thumbsup
Thanks Ralph. Even if I had oodles of room, I don't know if I would build a bigger layout. The time/cost factor is a big decision when building a layout. I'm a shortline fan, so I don`t need a lot of space. I probably would never build a layout bigger than a spare bedroom (11x9?). My deepest admiration to those who have the time and commitment for a large layout. It's a lot of work.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike Kieran Wrote:I've finally narrowed it down to where the town of West Mystic lies.
Big Grin It was the Seaport at Mystic, that was the inspiration for the new modules.
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=19&t=1773
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumter, those are gorgeous ships.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines