A question....................
tomustang Wrote:I had this idea 35 Non Railroad Modeling section, you know for nerd stuff and like cars/planes/boats, it being all scales, just something simple 219

Cheers Cheers Cheers
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)
tomustang Wrote:I had this idea Non Railroad Modeling section, you know for nerd stuff and like cars/planes/boats, it being all scales, just something simple

Lower Berth?
railohio beats me to it ...

Lower Berth
Talk about most anything non-train related here

There's no need to reinvent that which is already working ...
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
That sounds like something we could try if there's enough interest Smile We'll see..... Thanks for the idea!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
P5se Camelback Wrote:railohio beats me to it ...

Lower Berth
Talk about most anything non-train related here

There's no need to reinvent that which is already working ...

If you see it like that maybe we should remove all the other forums and just add them to the upper berth since that's all train related 35

We're all modelers here, and not just specific train modelers Misngth

Lower Berth is a place where you post about how your coffee was this morning, or how a tire cost $150 now.

Non-model railroad model section would cater toward R/C, card stocks, shipbuilding, planes, tanks, dolls (hehe! Val), scifi/fantasy kits, hot wheels (face it they're not really S scale), nascar kits, cars Eek
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:
P5se Camelback Wrote:... "Lower Berth
Talk about most anything non-train related here" ...
I merely pasted the Forum's own description there. :? :o

tomustang Wrote: If you see it like that maybe we should remove all the other forums and just add them to the upper berth since that's all train related 35 ...
Lower Berth is a place where you post about how your coffee was this morning, or how a tire cost $150 now.
tomustang ... I always thought that was the Hobo Campfire group of threads. :? 8-) 357

tomustang Wrote: Non-model railroad model section would cater toward R/C, card stocks, shipbuilding, planes, tanks, dolls (hehe! Val), scifi/fantasy kits, hot wheels (face it they're not really S scale), nascar kits, cars Eek
Just seems like any of that could be discussed in individual threads in the Lower Berth section. :? Misngth :mrgreen: :geek:
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
tomustang Wrote:Non-model railroad model section would cater toward R/C, card stocks, shipbuilding, planes, tanks, dolls (hehe! Val), scifi/fantasy kits, hot wheels (face it they're not really S scale), nascar kits, cars Eek

Non-model railroad model section would cater toward R/C ( DCC ? ), card stocks ( building rolling stock, or structures, with cardboard/ cereal box ? ), shipbuilding ( Fishing boats, Freighters, Container ships ? ), planes (like float planes in the lake ?), tanks ( Water tanks, Fuel tanks, Oil tanks, Tank cars, Tank loads on flatcars ? ), dolls (hehe! Val) ( Figures ? ), scifi/fantasy kits ( No more "alien visits" ? ), hot wheels (face it they're not really S scale ( nor are any of the other "non-specific scale-but close vehicles used by many ) "), nascar kits ( At the race track with a large passenger platform for all the fans ? ), cars ( OK, but only the un-parked ones, on the streets, not moving ).

Yeah for every "Pro", there is a "Con" .........................artist like me. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
You forgot the non part
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:You forgot the non part

Nope It's mounted between the brake cylinder and the air tank....I never forget. Nope

I am getting old though, my left arm has gotten so weak I can't lift it from the table !
Now,........ where did I leave my superglue ??? :? :?
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Where did the name "Big Blue" come from?
Doesn't look like anything connected to the former Conrail, which is the only "big blue" I had ever heard of.
videobruce Wrote:Where did the name "Big Blue" come from?
Doesn't look like anything connected to the former Conrail, which is the only "big blue" I had ever heard of.

Blue as default forum screen background. Forum history: http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3780

Smile,
Stein
videobruce Wrote:Where did the name "Big Blue" come from?
Welcome to Big Blue. There are several discussions here regarding our origination, but here's the short story. About eleven years ago, the-gauge railroad forum was started. The original colors were what you see here today. Over the years, it took on the nickname, Big Blue. There were a few changes where the-gauge had several owners and eventually lost not only its identity, but its colors and a lot of our members left as well. In Dec, 2008, we revived the forum with a lot of the original staff and members. We chose not to use "the-gauge" as it's name because of possible conflicts with the current owners, so we instead chose Big Blue, even though our url is in our former name.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I guess I'll throw in my vote for a dedicated "Narrow Gauge" section...

Bob
[
Bob, we already have a Narrow Gauge forum HERE. One of your threads is currently at the top of the page, too. Wink Goldth

Wayne
To the Branchline, perhaps a prototype reference section?

Forum members who have histories, photos, dimensions, and other relevant data to particular locomotives and structures can post them under dedicated threads.

This way, it could serve as a resource for some of the perhaps harder to find information. It can also be used as a quick way to identify things (the difference between a GP38 and a GP40, etc).

I seem to remember a similar set up back in the old forums. It may be redundant considering all the other internet resources, but then again, many of those resources can be all over the place. here, they can be concentrated.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]