Carbon Corner shelf layout
Two countries divided by a single language! 35
Interesting design Jack. Thank you. The issue at this point is that the whole works is on the layout surface. Any pin extending off of or into the existing plate will interfere with the rails as they pass each other. Plus my operating wire is really thin. I doubt that I could notch it enough for a catch. I didn't plan very well for a center track index. I suppose I could excavate, but I'm sticking with eyeballing for now. For a layout this simple, it's proven adequate.
Sorry MrBill - I thought it was buried. I use cycle spokes wth the knob at the end epoxied to the spoke-nipple so that it can be unscrewed, and pushed in for transport.
TinGoat Wrote:
shortliner Wrote:A cheese-head screw is one where the underside of the head is flat, rather than countersunk - in this case it will bear down on the wire to provide tension
Oh, a Pan-Head Screw... Icon_lol

YES!!! That's what I was trying to think of! I knew there was another name for it. Wallbang

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Foreground detail I made some progress on. Reading style bumper.
[Image: OBHTV1.jpg]
New matboard flat I built today.
[Image: brickstr1.jpg]
Nice work on the flat !
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Progress on the bumper. Plus picked up a Sharpie fine white paint pen for doing the bricks.
[Image: BR1-2.jpg]
New flat started this week
[Image: lf1.jpg]
MrBill Wrote:Progress on the bumper. Plus picked up a Sharpie fine white paint pen for doing the bricks.
[Image: BR1-2.jpg]

Could we get a close-up of that background flat brickwork please? Smile

Andrew
This was my first attempt at inked on mortar. The pen is tricky to get used to.
[Image: flat12.jpg]
Thanks! Is that drawn right on the matte board? Looks convincing as a stucco-ed building that is losing some of the stucco!

Andrew
Yes. Right onto the painted board. I'd been thinking about trying this method for years, and am pleased with the results. Experiments continue with paint colors and washes, which is a lot of fun. I painted the long factory last nite and gave it some wash coats. Now need to re-inforce it with stripwood to control warpage, and start working on window treatments.
Base coat of deep tomato red, then washes of burnt umber and terra cotta.
[Image: LF2.jpg]
[Image: goatflat1.jpg]