Your Railroad Book Library
Two more books:

Abbot, Morris W. Cog Railway to Pike’s Peak. San Marino, California: Golden West Books, 1973.

Karlewicz, Ken and Scott Hartley. Susquehanna: From Shortlines to Stackpacks. Piscataway, New Jersey: Railpace, 1987.
Employee timetables added:

B&O/WM Pennsylvania Div. 6/77
MoPac System 4/77
NS Piedmont Div. 5/90
NW Fort Wayne Div. 5/78
NW Lake Erie Div. 7/71
Soo Eastern Div. 3/83
Another book:

Doughty, Geoffrey H. Michigan Central Trackside with Emery Gulash. Scotch Plains, New Jersey: Morning Sun Books, 2001.
It was a good weekend!

Edson, W.D., H.L. Vail Jr., and C.M Smith. Diesel Locomotives of the New York Central System. Cleveland, Ohio: New York Central System Historical Society.

Henderson, John. Jersey City Westbound. New York: H&M Productions.

Kramer, Frederick A. Twilight on the Narrow Gauge. New York: Quadrant Press, 1976.

Ladd, Harry. Where to Watch Trains. Self-published. 1976.

McDonnell, Greg. Wheat Kings. Erin, Ontario, Canada: Boston Mills Press, 1998.

Nelligan, Tom and Scott Hartley. Trains of the Northeast Corridor. New York: Quadrant Press, 1982.

Pawson, John R. Delaware Valley Rails. Self-published, 1979. [signed]

Porterfield, James D. Dining By Rail. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1993. [signed]

Wagner, Richard M., Roy J. Wright, and Thomas L. McNamara. Cincinnati Streetcars: No. 10 To the End of Track. Cincinnati, Ohio: Valley Car & Coach, 1997.

Zimmerman, Karl R. Erie Lackawanna East. New York: Quadrant Press, 1975.
Just added two more today......

Glischinski, Steve. Regional Railroads Of The Midwest (MBI Railroad Color History). Voyageur Press, 2007.

Glischinski, Steve. Santa Fe Railway (MBI Railroad Color History). Voyageur Press, 2008.
Mike
I feel like I have nothign in my library:

About a dozen of old 60's-70's magazine, 1 from the 80's and 2 from the 90's, a generic book about steam engines, two diesel superdetailling books, one Lance Mindheim and a totally outdated Walthers catalog.

In fact, my prototype (QRL&PCo) has little books written on it. Most of the time, I found pictures in archives and pressure old folks to recall their childhood memories when the train was still running strong in the area. These books included the excellent serie of traction books from Thomas Grumley (Bytown Railway Society), Tramways de Québec & Tramways de Montréal by Jacques Pharand and an original copie of Le Chemin de fer de la Bonne Sainte-Anne (1959) by Omer Lavallée.

I must admit that since I started to use Internet in 1997, most of my time was spent on railways. I search and find stuff, sometimes reading a couple of pages on Google Books. That amazing all the old stuff from the 1800's you can find there. I remember reading a complete surveyor report about an actual CN mainline. It's interesting to see the "REAL" reason why the track went there and not here. But nothing beats a real book. Recently, a old friend of mine gave me a set of CN freight cars booklets, the kind that was used, I think, to show customer what was available. They are from early 1990's and quite useful when modelling modern cars.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
For Christmas, I can add

Pennsy Electric Years: Volume 3
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
my US railroad library

B&O's Capitol Limited and National Limited
C&EI in color
CSS&SB in color Vol2
ITC in color Vol1
KCS color pictorial
Middelton - North Shore
Hofsommer - Katy North West
McCall & Schulz - Katy Southwest
MKT in color
Katy - diesels to the gulf
Dorin - MoPacs passenger trains - the postwar years
Collias - MoPac in color
Trackside St.Louis
TRRA in color
Collias - Texas & Pacific
Middelton - When the steam railroad electrified
greetings from northern Germany
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=5379
Here is one I should have started out with!

-When The Steam Railroads Electrified - Revised Second Edition.

It is apparently THE book on electric railroads. I haven't yet thoroughly explored it, but i'm hoping to find a little more on the Conrail era stuff, and something on the Jersey Arrows and Silverliners.
It was a good Tuesday:

Barry, Steve. Trackside Around New York City 1953-1968 with Robert Malinoski. Scotch Plains, New Jersey: Morning Sun Books, 2001.

Cook, Preston. Before Guilford. Silver Springs, Maryland: Old Line Graphics, 1988.

Crawford, Ryan and James E. Lewnard. Chicago & Illinois Midland Railway in Color. Scotch Plains, New Jersey: Morning Sun Books, 2009.

Drury, George H. Guide to North American Steam Locomotives. Waukesha, Wisconsin: Kalmbach, 1993.

Hartley, Scott. New Haven Railroad: The Final Decade. Piscataway, New Jersey: Railpace Company, 1992.

Loveman, Richard and Mel Patrick. Never On Wednesday. Park Forest, Illinois: PTJ Publishing, 1980.

McDonnell, Greg. Locomotive: The Modern Diesel & Electric Reference. Erin, Ontario, Canada: Boston Mills Press, 2008.

Plant, Jeremy and William G. McClure III. Chesapeake & Ohio Railway in Color Volume 2. Scotch Plains, New Jersey: Morning Sun Books, 2003.

Schafer, Mike. All Aboard Amtrak. Piscataway, New Jersey: Railpace Company, 1991.

Stauss, Thomas F. Milwaukee Road Locomotives Volume 2. La Mirada, California: Four Ways West, 2007.

Sturm, Gary L. and Mark J. Landgraf. Compendium of Railroad Frequencies 15th Edition. Waukesha, Wisconsin: Kalmbach, 1999.
Getting Steamed For Fun And Profit.

Do These Coveralls Make My Caboose Look Fat?

Through The Rockies On Five Gallons Of Cooking Oil.

8-)
Just in-

Conrail Commodities- This books shows the major cargoes that conrail hauled, and photos of said trains (such as intermodal, auto industry, steel, etc). The book is accurate to 1992, a little beyond my modeling time period, but still interesting. If anyone were modeling Conrail in the 1990s, this book would absolutely be helpful.

MountainMan Wrote:
Getting Steamed For Fun And Profit.

Do These Coveralls Make My Caboose Look Fat?

Through The Rockies On Five Gallons Of Cooking Oil.

8-)

Icon_lol
Rod Clarke's Narrow Gauge through the Bush is down to half price.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.narrowgaugethroughthebush.com/">http://www.narrowgaugethroughthebush.com/</a><!-- m -->

Rod says that they've made their money back (and more) and he thinks he's saturated the railfan market in Ontario.

But he has just printed a supplement for $5 (IIRC).

Amazon.com has 1 copy for $300.!!!
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Books ...
Is there one of you who has the book "Pennsylvania Railroad Flat Cars: Revenue and Work Equipment, 1881 to 1968" in his bookcase?
I'm in search for a good picture of PRR F29 deperessed center flat car, Series 1 or 2 (prefered 2) for exact lettering of a model.
What I found in web is this picture http://prr.railfan.net/freight/freightph...iew.jpg&fr and all the many pictures of F&C's model.
I would like to get the lettering on the Buckeye truck. Looking the link I can only suppose that PRR in the lower line stands. But about that? Who can help, please? Or who has picture(s) of othere surces.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
modelsof1900 Wrote:Books ...
Is there one of you who has the book "Pennsylvania Railroad Flat Cars: Revenue and Work Equipment, 1881 to 1968" in his bookcase?
I'm in search for a good picture of PRR F29 deperessed center flat car, Series 1 or 2 (prefered 2) for exact lettering of a model.
What I found in web is this picture http://prr.railfan.net/freight/freightph...iew.jpg&fr and all the many pictures of F&C's model.
I would like to get the lettering on the Buckeye truck. Looking the link I can only suppose that PRR in the lower line stands. But about that? Who can help, please? Or who has picture(s) of othere surces.
Thanks for your help.

I don't have that book, but I DO have several issued of "The Keystone Modeler" as PDF files. I'm pretty sure there were some long-running articles on the different flat-car types, and so I can check to see if there is anything on the F29. The Keystone Modelers will probably have exactly what you're looking for.