My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale
Lookin' Good Catt !!
That "first construction picture" looks a bit like my basement ! Big Grin
"( I share the room with a furnace and hot water heater )." That should keep it warm in the winter !
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Bout time for another update no matter how small.(yeah I show all the warts too.)

[Image: roadtono.jpg]

There would be more road painted but I am almost out of black paint.

There will one more track in the elevators storage yard,but first I need to find another lefthand code 55 #5 turnout.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Couple pics showing more of the road showing in last posting.

[Image: newroad1.jpg]

[Image: newroad2.jpg]

The road turn to the left at the far end and crosses the tracks before running off the face of the earth. Eek

In other news I ordered two more #5 turnouts yesterday and will be expanding the trackwork for the grain elevator.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

John,Is there a way you can extend your elevator's loading track?

As a observation that is a rather large elevator and it should be able to load several cars-if space permitted I would shoot for at least 8 cars.

In comparison I will be able spot 4 empty cars beyond the loading shed I will have 4 cars to the clearance point of Landstar's switch..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Larry,lengthening the track is not really possible,but the track in the loading shed is goiing to be part of the car storage yard and the new loading track will be to the right of that (I can move the elevator closer to the wall and still have room for the truck dump on the backside).

This will also allow me to have 4 storage tracks between the loading track and the road,this should still allow me room for a chainlink fence between the outer track and the road.

As it stands right now I'm looking forward to spending atleast another $200.00 (at M B Klein's prices) on turnouts before the layout track work is done. Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt Wrote:Couple pics showing...

very well the luxury of space. That looks very good to me Thumbsup
Reinhard
Got the track in for the elevator.I probaly could have gotton one more track for storage ,but I already have more time and money invested in this area than I really wanted to at this point.

[Image: levatr1.jpg]

I think it is time to move on and get more track in service. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt Wrote:[Image: levatr1.jpg]
Now THAT'S a grain elevator! Nice job!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Ed,John's elevator makes my six silo Landstar Grain elevator look small.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Decided to take a scenery break and cover up some of the styrofoam with some real dirt and some Woodland scenics scenery material.

[Image: levatr2.jpg]

I also removed a cross over a little further down the line to help simplify the wiring at this point in the layout's construction.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Got a little more done in the last couple days.Before I can do anymore I have to do some house keeping so I can find the layout.

Never could figure out how it takes 10 minutes to make a mess on the layout ,but it takes 10 hours to clean it off.

[Image: bsgrain4.jpg]

The Pikestuff building is just a place holder till I can figure out just what I should put there.Anybody have any ideas?
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

One of the fun parts of building (or rebuilding in my case) is working on what I want to work on. :mrgreen:

I decided to work on the town portion of the GVR for a while.The town is located within the end loop pictured further back in this thread.Like most projects on the GVR it is a work in progress.At this point there are 18 stores in this little town and over half of them will need atleast a basic interior,then there is the naming process.

[Image: belair1.jpg]

The buildings on the left are set as to location while the right side of the street is still up for grabs.I never thought I would say this,but I need more store buildings.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

New building for BelAire,It is kitbashed from the DPM Hilltowne Hotel.

[Image: barters.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Time for another little update.I haven't been spending much time on the layout itself as I have started to body mount the couplers on my N rolling stock.Eight down and 300 more to go. Eek

Anyways this is Barb's Bodacious Bagels a refugee from my old 4' TTRAK module.same company will go on the new module but that's a post for a different thread in a different forum (on the Gauge of course)

[Image: bagels-3.jpg]

That boxcar peaking through the trees is a GERN car . :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt Wrote:Never could figure out how it takes 10 minutes to make a mess on the layout ,but it takes 10 hours to clean it off.

I did some research ---- It's an "unwritten law " Gain V Loss, the 60 factor. Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!