Conrail Shared Assets Operation
CSX546 (exCR 1639) at Millville, NJ    
CSX 7374 (exCR 6232) at Pennsauken, NJ    

Bruce
MI-21 at the North end of the Millville Yard today with CSX 4428 and NS 3013

Bruce        
This was the whole train that came down from Camden overnight. One SW 7 and one covered hopper for the Winchester and Western.    
MI-21 leaving the Millville Yard with five cars to be switched out in Vineland    
MI-21 reversing direction to come onto the Vineland Industrial track    
MI-21 with CSX 4428 switching the glass plant in Vineland    

Bruce
Does any one know if there are any GP30s left in the shared assets system be it either NS or CSX? I've got a model on order in Connie blue and would like to know whats the best thing to do with it? My era is 2007+.

Regards
Dave
My Miami NW 22nd St layout and modelling blog http://dlmr.wordpress.com/ Please come by and leave a comment.
dave_long Wrote:Does any one know if there are any GP30s left in the shared assets system be it either NS or CSX? I've got a model on order in Connie blue and would like to know whats the best thing to do with it? My era is 2007+.

Regards
Dave

Dave,

The last CR GP 30 was retired in July of 1995, most were retired by April of 1991 so having one in CR blue in 07 would really be pushing it. I believe that CSX made some of theirs into road slugs.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce,
I should stop using ebay to decide on what locos to get. Must do more research.
rgds
Dave
My Miami NW 22nd St layout and modelling blog http://dlmr.wordpress.com/ Please come by and leave a comment.
Haven't been out railfanning in awhile, got down to Millville today and caught MI-21 as they were preparing to shut down. They usually don't sign on till 11AM but because of the heat of the last week they changed their sign on times.    
The yard was barren with only the three outbounds and three covered hoppers sitting on one of the yard tracks.    

Bruce
MI-21 in Vineland, NJ today                

Bruce
Bruce;

Really nice action photos. I especially like the shots where they are having to use engines on both ends of the train. Guessing that there is no way to run around the train at some points on this line?
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Ed: Guessing that there is no way to run around the train at some points on this line?
------------------------------
Ed,Actually that saves a lot of work from applying three steps to going between,connecting air hoses,setting and releasing hand brakes etc...
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
FCIN Wrote:Guessing that there is no way to run around the train at some points on this line?

Ed,

Once they depart the yard there are no runarounds at all, during the Conrail period it was done with one loco, a caboose and flying switches.

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:
FCIN Wrote:Guessing that there is no way to run around the train at some points on this line?
Ed,
Once they depart the yard there are no runarounds at all, during the Conrail period it was done with one loco, a caboose and flying switches.
Bruce
Thanks Bruce. Figured that was the reason. I've seen photos and a few videos of this type of operation in various parts of the country. Would make for an interesting way to switch your layout, especially with DCC.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Ed,

The Winchester and Western operates with engines on both ends on their Bridgeton to Millville runs and has done so since at least 1989, when I first start to railfan. When I switched to DCC on the layout several of the Shore River and one Conrail job operate push-pull style. The Shore River had a run around in the Pinelands Industrial Park, but it is now used as a storage track for industries to be switched out. There are some pics of this in past Weekly Photo Fun thread if your interested.

Bruce
This was all that I found today at Millville    
CSX 4428 in CRQ paint has left the area, the last time a CSX unit in CR paint left it came back looking like this CA-11 at Carneys Point    
PA-40 at Paulsboro        

All CSX power today

Bruce
Great catch bruce Thumbsup
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/