New Years Resolutions-Modeling
The New Year is almost upon us.
Like making life resolutions(Loose weight, quit smoking, stop drinking) Id thought I'd make a list of "Layout Resolutions".
It'd be interesting to check this list next year and see what was done.

Finish benchwork(Seven years, isn't done yet) Had a wall in the way that kinda put me off for awhile. The wall is now gone.
Finish laying track(See above)
Finish CNE engine facility-Wire roundhouse tracks, finish scenery(Big Bonus at work this year...Maybe replace old turntable with the Walthers Self indexing one, Use old turntable for S&W(Southwick And Winsted)
Finish and improve Winsted Yard.
Finish Winsted.(City)
Finish Norfolk.(Country)
Start Torrington(Another city)
Complete CNE/S&W interchange.
Find and paint two Bombadier Bi-Level coach cars in CDOT scheme(Already have the cab car)
Improve layout lighting.

Find the time to do the list.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
So...If you do manage to do all of the above....What are you gonna do for 2010..?? Confusedhock:

I'll be a little less ambitious....
1.- Finish industrial spur at end of Sta. Rosa Yard
2.- Put a big dent on scenicking the Sta. Rosa yard AND build the roundhouse (scratch built...)
3.- Start center peninsula AND come up with a track plan for it.... :oops:
4. Run lotsa trains...!!!

Y'all have a Very Good New Year..!!! Cheers
Gus (LC&P).
Redo the big N scale into something smaller that I will want to work on.

Start the HO layout,and finish up the Z layout
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Going back and redoing a couple of structures that were just "god enough" to help give the layout a finished appearance before, and making at least one illuminated signal.

Ralph
- Complete mainline to upper staging
- Put down the basic scenery bed so no more plywood is visible
- Get signaling working
- Get CTI Photocell sensors installed in passing sidings and helix.
I have been unable to work on my layout since before my shoulder surgery last May. I'm doing well enough that for my list of things to do starting right away are:

Clean up and organize my train room so I know where things are
Finish the three kit projects that I've partially finished and stopped working on
Finish the trackwork on the newer half of my layout, for the third time Eek
Solve my hinged bridging dilemma between my old, hinged section, and the new fixed section. Icon_lol
Get the rest of my trackwork cleaned up and in working order.
Get a hold of TrainNut and see if he meant what he said about helping me with my trackwork. 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Where to start...

Begin tearing up track work and removing 3/8 Fir decking from framing.
Add 7 foot extension and lay down 3/4 Birch Ply deck.
Add 1/2 Homasote roadbed.
Start all over. Big Grin
Simple..

Really simple.

No complexibility.

Get off my dead fanny and on to my dying feet and get busy building that N Scale layout!!
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Actually start finishing the part of the basement that will contain the layout!
Mike
ezdays Wrote:Get a hold of TrainNut and see if he meant what he said about helping me with my trackwork. 357
Now see, it's not even the new year yet and you can officially check one off the board! Yes, I'll help.
Today, I clean and re-organize train room. My only resolution is to keep from changing my mind about my layout...I have decided to go point-to-point on a three-sided shelf layout. Or maybe I'll modify it to include a continuous running with return loops at both ends. I guess I could use a roundhouse on one end. Or I could design a removable bridge at the doorway and then go all the way around the room. You know, I kind of like the idea of a peninsula in the middle....... 35
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
For me:

1. Finish the CAT Rental Module
2. Start M&ET Modules and complete them 1 at a time
3. Try and get an article published in MR or RMC

2285_ 2285_ 2009 looks like a fun year for me Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
with everything else going on, I will have to put a priority on building 8 feet of steel arch bridges. Two four foot sections bashed from six Lifelike kits. Stripping off the existing decks, and building the replacements will be plenty project enough. I really would like to do at least one, 28' 1/87 scale whaleboat, plank on frame, and it would be nice to get the frames done for the On30 outside frame 2-6-6-2T.
That said, it has been my practice over the years to resolve to break all New Years resolutions. :mrgreen:
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I'm actually going to finish a layout. Goldth
CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!
my resolution is to start building my ho scale steel mill complex. ive been saying for four years now, every year that this will be the year i build it. hopefully....,this will be the year.

todd