Hudson Cement becomes Empire Grain
Very nice!

Grin,
Stein
Ralph, Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

I have to find me some of those hole punches,I wonder if they would work on thin styrene.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt Wrote:Ralph, Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

I have to find me some of those hole punches,I wonder if they would work on thin styrene.

It should Ralph, at the very least it will provide a clear out line to work to.

I have been thinking of using a paper guillotine for straight cuts in styrene.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
I've been able to cut through two pieces of tag board with the paper punch but it won't go through three. I wonder about styrene. Worth an experiment!

As an update here are photos of the last of the structures that needed covering and new windows. Now it is time to focus on vents, piping, signs, and other details to make these boxy buildings more interesting!

[Image: IMG_2363.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2361.jpg]

and a panoramic view of the entire complex..
[Image: IMG_2356.jpg]

Ralph
Ralph Wrote:As an update here are photos of the last of the structures that needed covering and new windows. Now it is time to focus on vents, piping, signs, and other details to make these boxy buildings more interesting!

Finally a use for all those endless kit sprues! I used to save some for the purposes of model piping, but never used them.

Excellent work though, Its amazing what can be done with the raw materials around us.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Outdoor Summer distractions have kept me from working on the layout as much but we recently had a week of what the weather service called "extreme heat and humidity" that made it a lot less fun to be outside...so down to the basement I went and did some work on the Empire Grain complex. I've added details like water towers, railings, and conveyors.

[Image: IMG_2367.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2373.jpg]

Oh, and in my continued effort to create more locations on the layout for setting out boxcars, I added these loading bays. I'm guessing that Empire Grain ships out some bagged product on pallets.
[Image: IMG_2369.jpg]

Still some things left to be done; signs and a loading structure that will extend over the tracks by the larger bank of silos.
Ralph
Very impressive, Ralph, and those details really bring it to life. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Holy smokes Ralph! That looks amazing! Thumbsup
That's one massive structure.. :o Nice job Ralph.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
"Wow!" doesn't quite cover it. Very impressive. Thumbsup
Not fair Ralph.Now you got me wanting to expand my elevator ,but there's no place to expand to.

I'm thinking that maybe I should incorperate a large elevator on the new Z layout once I get it built.I guess I better plan on scratchbuilding a slew of Z scale grain hoppers cause I sure can't afford to buy ready builts.

See what you started, Thumbsup
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Thanks guys!

I've added some more details including vents, railings, and a loading structure.

[Image: IMG_2441.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2448.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2443.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2444.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2447.jpg]

Ralph
What a huge structure. This has turned out very nicely, Ralph. The overall size is just amazing. Thumbsup
Gary, your comment made me decide to measure the complex. It's ten feet long!
I love your king size structures. Just to say they are impressive is really an understatement.
Kurt