Miami River Layout
"I forgot how I do like the art deco style of Florida. You give me inspiration!
Thank you!"

For the record that's not typical of Florida, only Miami ( mainly just Miami Beach ) has any real amount of it. Thankfully the rest of the state ( and Miami ) is pretty much devoid of it. 2285_ Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
It seems to be more of a salmon colour IMO. But it suits the building well. Love the curved wall, it definitely gives it character.
Marc

Bar Extension - 5' x 2.5' N-scale layout plus two decks of shelf layout
ngaugingnut Wrote:It seems to be more of a salmon colour IMO. But it suits the building well. Love the curved wall, it definitely gives it character.

The color is from Model Master and is #4610 Piping Pink.

Larry
This is completely unimportant, but since I live in Los Angeles, which has similar architectural styles to Miami, the curved wall and horizontal decoration of the import-export building is actually "moderne", rather than "art deco", which emphasizes vertical decoration. Raymond Loewy was a big moderne designer, and in fact most streamliners were moderne.
Larry, anymore progress to report on your layout? Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Trucklover Wrote:Larry, anymore progress to report on your layout? Misngth

Josh,

I have finished the pink structure and am presently attempting to cast Hydrocal wall sections similar to what Kurt (cnw 1961) did on his NW 58th St., Miami. I initially used light weight Hydrocal, but found that it was too brittle. I went to regular Hydrocal and that seems to work much better .

The pink Import/Export business took longer than I thought to complete. I now have it in place on the layout and have added scenery.

I will post more photos probably next month.

Larry