We are wondering what you think about this....
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

I was so worried about the "N" at the end, I lost the "h" in da middle Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Well with all the global private companies out there today, we could easily do something in a variety of ways. Take for example Arriva. This company has bus and passenger train operations in many different countries around the world. Therefore it's easy for us to dream up another private company found world wide, in a variety of outlines. It doesn't have to be US outline only, there could be european outline trains from the same company. This way we can go global, and still seem plausible.
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Quote:It doesn't have to be US outline only, there could be european outline trains from the same company. This way we can go global, and still seem plausible.

Exactly the way I wanted it to be.Sometimes my ideas don't come across very clearly .

Let me try this again,one railroad,one name,many countries.Plus in any era the Gauge member wants to model.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
If we would have the railroad span across a long timeline, I would start with a railroad name that fit the turn of the century before we go modern. The most likely surnames for earlier eras tend to have ________ Lines or ________ System.

These names can carry into modern times. Remember, the name fits better if it sounds ordinary rather than extraordinary.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
How about ' Pan Atlantic RR' ? This would indicate a railroad company that set up operations on both shores of the north atlantic, the areas where the first railroads of the world were found,many years ago, and could carry over into today, possibly with world wide operations under the same name, or even a subdivision in other parts for example australia, where it could be called the Pan Australian RR, same colours, and the words Pan and RR linking it to it's parent company?
Thoughts?

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Lots of good suggestions here. I'm going to start putting together a voting poll in the next day or so. I'll keep the discussion open until then to give everyone one last shot at suggesting a name. Again, there is no prizes if we select your name, that's why we are letting everyone, even the staff, suggest names. We will list all those that are posted in this thread, so it'll take a while putting the poll together.

So, just to keep things going another few suggestions would be:

TransGlobal Railway

TransWorld Railroad
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Ta Bump!!!!!!
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Brakie Wrote:quote="ngauger" Just thought of this one.....
Central Area TransporTation
C.A.T.T.
No implied distances, no "Holding Company" Nothing but a simple "Roadname"......... and go Geographical Reference!
With a dashing dog herald?
Get the joke?

Cheers

Dashing Dog ---- 357 Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Back to the topic at hand...

Isn't this the same as "Big Blue Shortline Operator"

The whole concept is an exercise in herding cats
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog
TinGoat Wrote:Back to the topic at hand...

Isn't this the same as "Big Blue Shortline Operator"

The whole concept is an exercise in herding cats
Not really. We started out saying that we didn't want the concept of a holding company. We also said that we wanted this separate from the names, "Big Blue" or "The Gauge", and thirdly, although the idea of a "shortline" was brought up as a twist, we thought that it would be taken as fact and we were prone to avoiding that as well. Lastly, this is Catt's idea, and we're doing our best to keep within his guidlines. Based on that, a shortline is miles apart (yes, a pun) 357 from an international line. Both are viable concepts that are along the same lines (yeah, another pun) :o .
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD