We are wondering what you think about this....
Ralph Wrote:The idea sounds like a lot of fun to me and an opportunity to enjoy some forum-wide creativity without a lot of needless restrictions. Hmmmm, since we have members all around the globe how about something like "Intercontinental Connecting Railway?" More modern versions could call it "InConRail" to reflect today's corporate names. Hmmm, maybe Conrail would object to that one?

Ralph
could be ICCR too

or ICC Rwy
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Didn't you guys want to keep the BB&G logo and or name?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:We can do something like Justin said about a holding company. I was thinking, what about something like the Saltzberg/Pinsley lines, or better yet, like Genessee Wyoming Industriess or Rail America. Use a common paint scheme/lettering and subletter our reporting marks to the equipment. GWI also owns railroads outside the United States, so it can truly be a global enterprise.

Cheers Cheers Cheers
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)
Mike Kieran Wrote:Didn't you guys want to keep the BB&G logo and or name?
Yes, we do... but like Don posted in the first post:

ezdays Wrote:Posted by ezdays on Yesterday, 6:47 pm

We were wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a freelance railway based here at Big Blue. We know we have The BB&G Railway, but we thought it would be a bit more fun to create a generations spanning railroad. One usable on any layout, in any scale in any era. It's up to the member/modeler what cars or engine he or she wishes to create. Just think, for those of us that are more into scenery and structures, we're not limited to what we can do for this new (or very old) railway.

Si you see, we'll be keeping both the "board standard rail cars" and the new, universal railroad name.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Mike Kieran Wrote:Didn't you guys want to keep the BB&G logo and or name?
Like Mikey says, the BB&G is separate from what we're doing here. As I said in a subsequent post, this road should not have Big Blue or The Gauge in it's name, those roads will continue on as their charter permits them to do.

The charter for this road will allow it to run anywhere in the world and the name should signify that.... Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Oh, in that case, how about Central Lines. It has a good ring to it and is ambiguous as to location. We can also do like New York Central, Southern Pacific, and for that matter, Southern. Common Paint Scheme, but different lettering. So you can model the parent company or its subsidiaries.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Global RailRoad Leasing (GRLX) ?
InterContinental & Global ( Using the old ICG Colours) ICGX ?
shortliner Wrote:Global RailRoad Leasing (GRLX) ?

Global Rail Enterprises would sound good as a holding name like Rail America,GWI and my own CDBI.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Global Rail Industries (GRIX)?

Global Rail Transportation (GRTX) aka GreAT or GRiT?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Icon_lol Hyanwide, Heavensgate, & Perdition Railway System

Toheer, Thair, & Hellanbach RR

Updown Roundablok & Backagan Lines

Norwesouea Fourpoints Ltd

Northern Greenearth & East Southwestern Rail

Ugottabee Creigh Zea & D'stablyzd

Watzah Cummenagough Western

Wearenda Whirld Ahrwey & Wie :o Icon_twisted :o

Is that enough to get this can of worms opened, and perhaps come up with a valid "Nom d'plume" for our railroad ???

That's Kree8tive ------with a "C" :oops: :oops:
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Icon_lol Hyanwide, Heavensgate, & Perdition Railway System

Toheer, Thair, & Hellanbach RR

Updown Roundablok & Backagan Lines

Norwesouea Fourpoints Ltd

Northern Greenearth & East Southwestern Rail

Ugottabee Creigh Zea & D'stablyzd

Watzah Cummenagough Western

Wearenda Whirld Ahrwey & Wie :o Icon_twisted :o

Is that enough to get this can of worms opened, and perhaps come up with a valid "Nom d'plume" for our railroad ???

Sheesh, sounds like a bunch of law firms. :ugeek:

I was thinking about going out of the box, farrrrr out, like:

Mar, Earth & Saturn Solar Independent express, or more aptly called, the MESSIE line Eek Eek

Uhhh, just kidding folks, just a bit of spaced-out humor here. 35 35

Keep this brain cells moving, we're starting to get a few good suggestions, we need some more so as Pete says, let's get this can of worms open. Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:Sheesh, sounds like a bunch of law firms. :ugeek: I was thinking about going out of the box, farrrrr out, like:
Mar, Earth & Saturn Solar Independent express, or more aptly called, the MESSIE line

Eek Icon_twisted Eek

Icon_lol Icon_lol

" On aisle three, would someone please --close that box !!!--" 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Global Enterprises Rail Network - GERN - Part of the GERN Industries Group
I don't think we want to get in to any tie-ins.... I like

Global Rail Network though Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

How 'bout the Northern Central, Central Railway Lines, or the Eastern West RR.....
Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.