Planning new FWWR layout
Looks good to me from here. Do you have a larger image so we can look closer? I'm no expert, but it has good flow visually.

I like the idea of pointing them out toward the aisle. You won't be able to model the structures much, but that might be a blessing in disguise! This makes me want to do a few changes to see how it could be. When I get around to it, I'll post mine as a smaller file so it loads properly.
hi Wayne,
looks great to me, though i would be inclined to combine the two lower peninsula's into one.
That way you could enlarge one of the others a bit as well.
Smile
Paul
Looks really good Wayne!Just curious,how much space did you leave in between the isles?Also what type of program are you using to draw out your layout plan?
Don Shriner
Train_guy - Most of the space between is 36" between isles, a few are 30". My current layout most of the ilse where 36 and it seem to work great . Im a drafter so im using Autocad because i have it.

Paul - The lower left peninsula, in real life the lead is just before the start of the yard, but with my area I chose to model it as i did. The next peninsula is represented pretty close.
Wayne Snyder
Creating the Ft Worth Sub - FWWR
Check out this switching layout on Youtube <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mP8XsQp7IU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mP8XsQp ... er&list=UL</a><!-- m -->

I think it looks pretty good,although it's not a industrial park setting.Alot of nice details.
Don Shriner
So lets break down what i was trying to do. Here is the the first area: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=everman,+tx&hl=en&ll=32.648463,-97.30873&spn=0.006694,0.01089&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=51.089971,89.208984&t=h&z=17">http://maps.google.com/maps?q=everman,+ ... 4&t=h&z=17</a><!-- m -->

Track Plan:
[Image: yard.jpg]
This has been shortned for space but is basiclly follows the prototype. The following photos of the yard leads. The only thing I did was remove one track for space.
The yard looking west:
[Image: DSCN8698.jpg]
[Image: DSCN8705.jpg]
The yard looking East:
[Image: DSCN8747.jpg]
RTP Co.:
[Image: DSCN8708.jpg]
[Image: DSCN8710.jpg]
Bunge Oils:
[Image: DSCN8721.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2378.jpg]
Looking down the lead towards the yard. First industry is Mrs Bairds, then Chicken Express, then Bunge Oils, back ground is the yard.
[Image: DSCN8738.jpg]
[Image: DSCN8727.jpg]
Thats the start, will do more later.
Wayne Snyder
Spent the weekend ripping out more track and starting to remove benchwork from two walls hopefully over the next week can get the rest of the track pulled up. Have only damaged a few switchs and about 6 pieces of flex. Reinstalled the beginnings of the new shelf like the height 52" that I've set. Could have benchwork all up by end of August with trackwork to follow in Sept. Will post some photos when I have something to show off. All I have now if a big mess Icon_lol
Wayne Snyder
I like your plan especially the holding yard
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Thanks Larry its a work in progress...
Wayne Snyder
Been working on tearing out old layout almost done. Hopefully after this weekend the dust will settle and I will be able to start cleaning up. Then start building the benchwork around the walls and then the peninsulas. Here's ver 3 of the trackplan:
[Image: EvermanBranch3.jpg]

Decided to add another track to yard. One it matches the prototype, second I'm thinking im going to need the room for cars for the industries. Enlarged the area for the Miller Brewery to better fit the area, still a work in progress. So any thoughts?
Wayne Snyder
Wayne,That's a well design layout..

It would take me around 2-2 1/2 hours to switch those industries.. Thumbsup

I wouldn't change a thing .
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
That will become an impressive ISL. The plan looks good Thumbsup
Reinhard
Well over the weekend got the remaning parts of the layout torn out:

[Image: DSCN9421.jpg]
[Image: DSCN9422.jpg]
[Image: DSCN9420.jpg]

Installed the reused shelf brackets around all walls and the benchwork and backdrop starts:

[Image: DSCN9426.jpg]
[Image: DSCN9425.jpg]
[Image: DSCN9424.jpg]

Damn, I need storage so i can get that junk off the layout and get some trains running Icon_lol .
Wayne Snyder
Update. All old layout has been removed. Have installed all shelving around walls and basic benchwork has been installed. Hopefully this weekend will get backdrops installed and peninsulas in. Might even start basic landscape for the yard area. Time will tell. Hopefully pictures monday with progress.
Wayne Snyder
Did not get as much done as I planned, family stuff to do. Anyhow extended back drop along the long wall need one more sheet. Added short peninsula off of long wall for Green Bay Packaging. This is about 5 ft long. Framing done, needs to be covered with foam.

[Image: DSCN9712.jpg]

Started the long peninsula for Burge Oils and Mrs Barids. This is a little over 9 ft long. Need to finish framing then cover with foam.

[Image: DSCN9710.jpg]
[Image: DSCN9711.jpg]

Two more to peninsulas to build, Valinces with lights and start laying out track. With the upcoming long weekend hopefully will get some time to get some work done.
Wayne Snyder