GERN Industries - New Flux deposit found!
I like the challenge, but perhaps you could twist it a bit...

Challenge: Make a block that falls off when a visitor touches it...and see how long it takes for them to mention it, if they ever do. Perhaps the falling block could activate a timer. When they mention their 'ooops' moment you put the block back, read off the timer by lifting off the roof of a little shed, and announce, "Hmmm...2 minutes...a new record!" Confusedhock: 357

The real challenge would be setting it up so that it entices them to want to touch the block, and that it will be so lightly held in place that it automatically falls off with the slightest touch. Heh heh heh. Icon_twisted

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Aahhh....We enter...THE DARK SIDE.... Icon_twisted
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:Aahhh....We enter...THE DARK SIDE.... Icon_twisted

B Thumbsup But the Force is with us. Of course, a solid block of GERN will land on us with 3% greater impact ... Thumbsup
It's a Go! And the first piece of equipment just arrived. But I doubt I will keep it. I feel it is slightly too big and too modern for the setting. If anyone wonders, its a kit and built right out of the box.

Jens
Is the quarry up and running yet? Smile
MountainMan Wrote:Is the quarry up and running yet? Smile

Well... no. Nope
Its gravel season. Misngth I am rather working in the pit than on the pit. The picture above gives you an impression how busy the places is I am currently assigned to. In these days I have only two or three hours on hand for modeling - in a week. Finishing older projects is more important, so I don't even have built the benchwork.

I also have learned a lesson from earlier layouts. If I start a layout (-section) with laying down rails on plywood or foamboard, it mostly stayed in that conditon over a long period while I am building the the scenery stuff (structures, vehicles and such). I often lost interest in the actual project in this stage.
When I moved some time ago and started the actual layout I changed my strategy. I am building the time consuming things first and when I have them almost complete I start building the benchwork. Installing the rails and shaping the scenery is a matter of a few days. With the structures, bridges, trees, vehicles on hand I can work continuously on the layout (-section) 'til it is completed. No long periods anymore that allow me re-thinking the project or losing the interest in it over time. You get my idea?
Jens
SP1 Wrote:When I moved some time ago and started the actual layout I changed my strategy. I am building the time consuming things first and when I have them almost complete I start building the benchwork. Installing the rails and shaping the scenery is a matter of a few days. With the structures, bridges, trees, vehicles on hand I can work continuously on the layout (-section) 'til it is completed. No long periods anymore that allow me re-thinking the project or losing the interest in it over time. You get my idea?

Only two possible "glitches" ----
1. you find that you've built "one too many" "things".
2. you find that you've built "one too few" "things". Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

With the "New Modules", I had most of the buildings built. What took time, was deciding where each one of them would go, to fit in with the overall " lay of the land".
Being modules, most of the track locations were " predetermined ", so it was a matter of working around that.
In the end, it is what works for you, that's because what works for me is, by nature, different, as it is for almost every one of us.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
SP1 Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:Is the quarry up and running yet? Smile

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Well... no. Nope
Its gravel season. Misngth I am rather working in the pit than on the pit. The picture above gives you an impression how busy the places is I am currently assigned to. In these days I have only two or three hours on hand for modeling - in a week. Finishing older projects is more important, so I don't even have built the benchwork.

I also have learned a lesson from earlier layouts. If I start a layout (-section) with laying down rails on plywood or foamboard, it mostly stayed in that conditon over a long period while I am building the the scenery stuff (structures, vehicles and such). I often lost interest in the actual project in this stage.
When I moved some time ago and started the actual layout I changed my strategy. I am building the time consuming things first and when I have them almost complete I start building the benchwork. Installing the rails and shaping the scenery is a matter of a few days. With the structures, bridges, trees, vehicles on hand I can work continuously on the layout (-section) 'til it is completed. No long periods anymore that allow me re-thinking the project or losing the interest in it over time. You get my idea?

I understand completely. Thumbsup