On30 Loco "bash"
An Athearn Genesis 2-8-2 chassis, under an extended Bachmann 2-6-0 boiler, with a few "upgrades".
I shot this on a 16" X 48" On30 diorama. I took a "cheap" 23" X 45" print down from the living room wall, and used it as a backdrop.    

Attached Files Image(s)

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
That's some very nice work!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Great looking loco Pete!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Unique! I can't see the mechanism clearly, but you did a great job of adding character to the boiler...B-man wouldn't have popped into my head if you hadn't mentioned him!
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
Nice work, Pete, and a very imaginative kitbash. Thumbsup Is the 2-6-0 boiler from an O scale or an On30 model?

Wayne
Very very nice job on the bash.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Quote:O scale or an On30 model?

I ripped the cab off a Bachmann On30 2-6-0, cut the backhead off , built an extension for the firebox, glued the backhead to that, and reattached the cab. I used some castings, some of the Bachmann details, and scratched the rest. I took about a scale foot off the tender, and opened up the coal bin. The pilot, and trailing wheels are both from Bachmann moguls. The extension of the frame, under the firebox is scratchbuilt.
Most of that is posted on the other forum, but I believe this is the first picture since painting and lettering. #101 is lettered for the Wiscasset Bucksport & Schoodic Point RR.
I posted a thread on "house look", where I explained the angle mount bell on the front of the smoke box, and the moving of the headlight to the pilot deck. This is a feature common to all the roads owned by the shipyard, and is used on all but the few locos where it was impractical.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Thay is a sweet lookin' machine Pete!

Very nice work! Thumbsup
-Drew-
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
Quote:#101 is lettered for the Wiscasset Bucksport & Schoodic Point RR.

I'm glad you pointed that out, because from the pictures I was guessing, "Wilmington, Budapest & Pacific Point R. R." At least I got these letters right "Wi_______ Bu___p__t & ______ic Point" !! Nope

Anyway, fantastic work! You On30 guys seem to have alot of fun being creative.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
From this point, on, it's "On30 Loco 'Bash' part II". Wink Icon_twisted
There were some leftover Bachmann 2-6-0 parts, from the WB&SP 2-8-2 ( like a frame, drivers, and motor ) so got another Bachmann 2-6-0, and started an On30 2-6-6-0. This loco is loosely based on my HOn3 2-6-6-2, with a virtually identical tender.
This loco will also be owned by the Wiscasset Bucksport & Schoodic Point Railroad. Sag Harbor Shipbuilding @ Drydock Co.,
( parent company for WB&SP, and the standard gauge Sagaponack Montauk & Cindys Harbor ), is doing the building.
I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can.
Looks like a real period photo of a real loco! Thumbsup
Aside from the fact that it's O scale, and the backdrop is a simple, purchased, woodland scene, with the foreground a 2' X 4' scenic module, I was a bit surprised at how well it all worked together. The natural look of the setting, helped make the loco look all the more realistic.
MountainMan, your compliment is truly appreciated.
I'm going to have to do some serious "box searching" to find that loco again.
Yeah it's been a "period of time" since I was last able to get on here. Hopefully I will be able to return to my original screen name, but for now, the one you see will have to do.
Pete