84 x 12 inch folding 2 piece ISL
Here's the ISL I promised:

[Image: 6105850935_f9e84c81de_b.jpg]

It's a portable 84 inch by 12 inch layout that folds in half to make a 42x12 inch portable layout. The hinges would be on blocks raised off of the layout so that the layout can be folded in half on both sides of the dotted line with the tracks facing each other. The piers for the overpass would act as a stop to prevent the layout from being out of line. I would put a handle on the side with a bracket to keep it closed.

I substituted a wye for the original turnout and put a small yard that are 24 and 19 inches long on the right side of the layout. The industry in the upper right hand corner of the plan has two tracks placed side by side so that boxcars can be loaded side by side.

I left out the engine house in this ISL track plan so that I'll have enough room for an NW2 & 2 50 foot freight cars on the drill track. The sidings should hold 2 cars each.

I went with the thought from another thread that an engine house wasn't necessary. Instead. I'll leave the engine parked under an overpass on the extreme left end of the layout. There will be a ramp coming down from the overpass and turning into a street that passes the railroad office. You can put any structure for the office, but I may opt for a caboose on blocks.

It's similar to Steinjr's Palmetto Spur type layout, but with Atlas sectional track. He gave me the idea of using the wye instead of a regular 18 inch radius turnout. Stein is really an amazing source of trackplanning expertise.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike

your track plan would be perfect for an Ashphalt plant or a Sand and Gravel Plant like we discussed. i think if i were doing one your plan is what i would go with.

Todd
Hey Todd, I figured that it would make a great ISL for a lot of industries. That's why I had started the other forum thread http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...764#p83053. This would make a great single industry ISL.

I added more to my original posting, so feel free to look.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.