The New Layout

She must be new. Does she know it will be very hard to get the train to climb that grade.
frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
Gees. I know it is a down grade.
frank
Isn't that the grade for your model of the Mt. Washington Cog Railway?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
88, for that grade you have to screw, or nail you modles to the track and move the board.
frank
Well wouldn't you know it the Foam Fairy paid my layout a visit. So now onto some testing of the track plan to see if what i drew will actually fit. So far so Good, the base track elevation will actually be 4" higher than the foam as I model Appalachian Regions and need to create some height to make it convincing. So for the rest of the weekend since i was released from the "Honey Do" Duties for my birthday i will be running all the bus wires for the DCC system. Pics to follow.
[albumimg]1494[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1495[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1499[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1498[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1497[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1496[/albumimg]
That light at the end of the Tunnel isn't heaven.........ITS A TRAIN!

My Railpictures.net Pictures
My Ramblings and Pictures
Well the progress continues. Started last night with finishing the clean up under the layout. Then was going to sand all the joints and screw heads that I covered with drywall compound. But looking at the joints/Screw heads I wasn't happy with how smooth it was. So a good portion of it was unscrewed from the wall and re fastened to the wall with better anchor points and countersinking. That finished my night around 1:30 this morning. I also put up some of the skirting temporarily to improve the look of the room now that all the storage underneath is done.

[albumimg]1576[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1575[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1574[/albumimg]

So onto this morning. I forfited my sleep in day and got a head start on the days work. Started by sanding all the new/redone joints from last night, then proceeded to primer the backdrop. I am hoping to have the sky blue applied later today if the primer dries.
[albumimg]1577[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1578[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1579[/albumimg]

And my assistant for the "FUN" part of the work.
[albumimg]1580[/albumimg]

Looking really good! Isn't it great when the family wants to help! The best part of the hobby, sharing with others!
Scott
And after returning from the errands my helper and I went back to work.
[albumimg]1581[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1582[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1583[/albumimg]

Now to let it dry and get ready for the second coat.

Somehow I had missed this thread.

I am impressed with your work, you are off to a great start. I'm looking forward to watching your progress. And it is great that you have the young one helping you.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Trains Winnipeg Wrote:Well wouldn't you know it the Foam Fairy paid my layout a visit. So now onto some testing of the track plan to see if what i drew will actually fit. So far so Good, the base track elevation will actually be 4" higher than the foam as I model Appalachian Regions and need to create some height to make it convincing. So for the rest of the weekend since i was released from the "Honey Do" Duties for my birthday i will be running all the bus wires for the DCC system. Pics to follow.

[albumimg]1574[/albumimg]
]
The backdrop color looks real good. Just curious what the radius is on this bend?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Your helper does good work and the layout is looking great! Keep us up to date!
Ralph
The radius on this end of the layout is about 19"

Well with a 5 day break for the holidays. I have been hibernating in the basement. This weekend has seen 70% of the foam base glued to the benchwork, DCC bus is complete, and I managed to lay some track on one section. Oh ya i cut a few holes into the walls as well and :hey: started after as i didn't realize it was 10:30 when i started cuttingSmile
[albumimg]1701[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1703[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1702[/albumimg]

Well I finished painting the backdrop today. Now onto putting the base for the industries in place.
[albumimg]1705[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1706[/albumimg]

Way to take advantage of the time! That's really shaping up well. Nice work on the backdrops. You're making me fantasize about cutting a hole into the next room! Goldth

Ralph