Photos of weather hoods?
I have been looking in vain for photos of weather hoods (I think that is the name - the covering round a loading bay door) so I can finish painting a Walthers warehouse. Rather unexpectedly all the prototype photos I can find on the web dont have anything like this arrangement - rather they tend to have plain openings, sometimes with a simple porch-type roof. Can anyone help please?
Here's a couple of web sites that should give you some ideas for several types of "dock seals":
http://www.bondorseals.com/cgi-bin/quiks..._All_Types
http://www.warehousetechnology.com/dockseals
You can also do a Google search for "dock seals" then select images and you'll get a lot of photos of these items.
Hope this helps. I know of no accurate models of these dock seals and have been tossing around ideas on how to model them to look "sort of" correct. Back in the day, people used to make passenger car diaphrams by folding paper and I'm thinking that something like that might work, using black construction paper. I just can't remember right now, how it was done! 35
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
That was quick Ed, thanks. What on earth is the time where you are - I didnt expect anyone to be up on your side of the pond!
PhilM Wrote:That was quick Ed, thanks. What on earth is the time where you are - I didnt expect anyone to be up on your side of the pond!
It's 4:42AM where I am in Kentucky. I'm a night owl. Comes from years of working night shifts I guess. But I like the quiet and can work on things without being bothered much, unless the dog needs to go outside in the middle of the night. I'm really bad about getting my days and nights mixed up, but have been that way for years.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
I'm thinking that some of those dock seal types could be modeled by cutting up rubber "O"-ring type seals or gaskets and gluing them to the building. "O"-rings might have too tight a radius to get to straighten out easily, but a valve cover gasket for an engine from an auto parts store or a car dealer might be useful. Many new engines use rubber rings for valve cover or timing cover gaskets instead of the old style cork.