Self-motivation photos
Oh right! I forgot you were on vacation in the Black Hills. How was the train ride?
Here's my first progress photo. The retaining walls and ground are installed. I still need a second coat of plaster, some rocks and vegetation, and of course the road itself.

[Image: IMG_5487.JPG]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
It would be a lot easier if the darned buses and trucks would stay out of the way. Goldth
I have the same problem
Charlie
LOL I have a phone call into Greyhound HQ trying to get them to reroute for a few days. They don't seem to be answering my calls.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Cones! Orange cones Smile
Ralph Wrote:Cones! Orange cones Smile
Smug pots are more n his era. Goldth
Oh for the days before orange cones. I think some roads were designed just for orange cone and Jersey barrier storage. 357
Charlie
Quote:I think some roads were designed just for orange cone and Jersey barrier storage.

So you are familiar with our roads in Michigan. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I've been making some progress. I'm using florist foam as a scenery base for rock outcroppings. $4.00 at Michaels got me going on this project.

[Image: IMG_2726.jpg]

I sliced a long half inch section....

[Image: IMG_2727.jpg]

....and cut it to fit the wooden frame. I then lightly tapped the foam with a large hammer to create an uneven surface...

[Image: IMG_2729.jpg]

...Then I cut more foam, broke it into small sections and stagger placed it on top of the first layer. I thought gorilla glue might be a good adhesive for this project but it took forever to set.

[Image: IMG_2730.jpg]

After cutting out all the pieces needed to fit the frame, I covered them in Spackle and then, after it was dry, stained them with Woodland Scenes Stone gray liquid pigment.

[Image: IMG_2733.jpg]

The pieces loosely fitted on the frame. I'll need to add more Spackle to cover seams and stain the project again.... almost done!

[Image: IMG_2735.jpg]
Ralph, that looks great, I will look forward to the finished project
Charlie
A photo of the tunnel/overpass in place. I think it needs some greenery on top and maybe a little more pigment highlighting in some places but this is the basic idea.

[Image: IMG_2739.jpg]

Ralph
looks good Ralph,motivation is a good thing. Eek :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Very nice Ralph, looks great! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Wowee, excellent work Ralph. Thumbsup Thumbsup That should motivate a lot of others. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Cool stuff! Now i know what to do with all that old packing foam to models I don't have anymore!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Ralph, I'm just loving how it's developing. The materials cost next to nothing, but imagination and vision are priceless.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.