Small Tank Car Trans-load Facility
Here's a nice "model railroad size" tank car trans-loading facility, located in Evansville, IN. It is/was operated by Ulrich Chemical and located on the CSX Lynch Road industrial spur. In the aerial views below, the facility appears to be closed, but when I was checking out this area about a year ago, there was UTLX 25-30,000 gal general service tank car on spot.

I'm considering modeling a facility similar to this on my layout, and use it for trans-loading corn sugar to an off line customer or perhaps as the unloading facility for what Lance Mindheim calls an "imagined" off the layout industry. Here are some Google views of the facility:
View looking North     View looking West     View looking South     View looking East     I like the simple small concrete block pump house with the steel platform on the track side, which would be easy to scratch build. The curved spur is also an interesting feature of this facility. Note that the facility is set up to both load and unload products, as there are two loading pipes by the pump house. Not sure what the purpose of the two sheds by the pump house are used for, as they appeared to be empty when I drove past their gate. Some piping and hoses along side the track and a suitable tank truck by the pump house, would make a nice model that wouldn't use a lot of space like many such facilities.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
That industry begs to be modeled-one could say its along the lines of MR's old "Pike Size Industry" articles of many years ago.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:That industry begs to be modeled-one could say its along the lines of MR's old "Pike Size Industry" articles of many years ago.
Wow! I'd forgotten about those Pike Size Industry articles that were in MR. Thanks for making me feel my age, you rascal!

You can certainly find small facilities like this all over the place, if you spend enough time looking. Even prototypes that spot only one car at a time such as this one:     But of course, I sure wouldn't want a layout with nothing but one car industries.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Nice find FCIN. A industry like that could fit on even the smallest layout.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew