Another milestone for Big Blue
Holy cow!!!! We've now got over 1000 registered members here on Big Blue. It was three years ago that Mikey and I decided to open a forum that had the look and feel of the old Gauge. That forum went through so many iterations that it no longer is recognizable. We started out modestly and informed a few hundred of our old members of what was taking place. Within 48 hours, we had our old staff back and most everyone that we notified, had registered. Three years ago today we had around 300 members, many of whom had left the original Gauge because of those changes. Our growth rate is as we wanted it, slow but steady. Those that are active here are like good friends, possibly even our family away from home and we feel blessed that you all have made this forum what it is today. We are not looking for a high member count or even to brag about a high post count. What we can do is brag about the quality and friendliness of our active members here. We thank you all for making Big Blue what we are.

Congratulations to

BIG BLUE
on being
1000 members
strong

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7
train train train train train train train train train
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
And congratulations to the Admins for making this a place we want to be. Cheers

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Does this mean drinks are on the house? Icon_lol

Congrats on reaching this milestone as it shows you are doing things the right way!

Cheers Worship Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Does this mean drinks are on the house? Icon_lol

You bet! They're being shipped to members via the Penn Central...although I hear the boxcar is temporarily lost on a siding someplace near Terre Haute. I'm sure they'll reach you all sometime! Smile

Great to see we've reached the Thousand mark!!!!!! Thanks everyone! 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Ralph
Ralph if you can give us directions to Terre Haute some of the members will find that car in record time I'm sure!
Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Over 1,000. . . . . . . . . Eek Big Grin
We've "been through the mill" - and back again!
On January 19th I will have been part of The-Gauge for nine years. This is, by far, my favorite place on the internet.
Because of that, and the good nature of the membership, it is a pleasure being part of the staff here.
So! Congratulations to the members, who contribute to the comfort, and friendliness of this board....all 1,000 of you !
Say what you want about "the blues"..."Big Blue", is a great place to be! Cheers Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!