My girlfriend's work thread
Very nice work!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Svein Wrote:a thin layer of real soil from our back yard. This was dried and baked in the oven for a while,

It must be nice to have someone doing the work who actually knows how to use the oven. Icon_lol
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Tonight she made her first trees! She started with some Heki Natural Trees, they were very dry and brittle, so she soaked them in water for a short time to soften them up and make them easier to work with. After dipping them in dilluted glue she rolled them in WS Coarse Turf (dark green), and then used hairspray and sprinkled on some WS Fine Turf (weeds) and Blended Turf (green blend):

[Image: 2103_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2104_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2108_w1200.jpg]

Svein
I am using the same trees. They are very dry and delicate to handle in fact. Thanks for tip to give them a swimming lesson prior to handling.
Reinhard
Svein Wrote:Tonight she made her first trees! Svein

" Her first trees " :o :o

Worship Worship Worship What more can I say !
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
The back left corner of the diorama is finished. For now anyway, she says, maybe some small changes and additions over time:

[Image: 2113_w1200.jpg]

Next is the cut in the right corner, where she did a makeover of the rock faces earlier, she has just started painting the rocks as I write this.

Svein
Most impressive!!!

2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Some more progress pics from the right side of the diorama:

[Image: 2149_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2150_w1200.jpg]

Svein
If you will pardon the expression..... that "ROCKS !!!!!" Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
The only thing I see wrong is she is your girlfriend, you need to make her your wife before she gets away from you!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Jordan's are a difficult build , mainly because you are working with such small parts that don't have the greatest fit and finish out of the kit . The girlfriend has done a fine job with her kits . Thumbsup

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Here are some fresh shots. She's been working on the dirt road and the grade crossing since tuesday, and today she was finally satisfied enough to let me take a couple of pics:

[Image: 2160_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2161_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2162_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2163_w1200.jpg]

There's still some more greenery and bushes to be added, but she wants to wait until the major parts are done. There's already been some serious damage to the trees she planted in the back left corner earlier.

Svein
<wolf whistle> :-)

That looks great!

Smile,
Stein
Nicely done! The rock work is fantastic! Convincingly rustic road too! Thumbsup
Hi guys. Thanks for the nice comments, glad you like it. Smile

Vigdis