Greetings
Hello,

Just found out about this site from a card modeler off of Zealot who showed up at the other cardmodel forum finally!

I've been out of model railroading for some time now other than looking at my models - space, moves, etc. But I enjoyed reading some of the train threads at Zealot until I got sick of all the ads and found papermodelers.com

In trains, most of my stuff is N-gauge, but I like all scales and would like to get some garden equipment in the back yard one of these days. Also, I prefer steam short line and narrow gauge - sold off most of my diesel stuff on eBay a year or so ago.

Just glad to have found this place!
Jim
We're glad you could join us! Welcome!
Ralph
Hello Ralph,

I'm curious, does this forum send e-mails when replies are recieved to subscribed threads? I can't find that on my settings.

Also, I'm glad to see you are St. Paul! I grew up in Eau Claire and spent a number of years in Burnsville & Savage. Is Scale Model Supply still there?
Jim
Greetings, Jim, and welcome to Big Blue.
In your User Control Panel, click on "Board Preferences", then click on "Edit Posting Defaults" - the "Notify" option is the fourth one on the list - click on "Yes" and you should be good to go.
You can also subscribe or unsubscribe manually at the bottom left of each page.

Wayne
Thanks, Wayne. I appreciate it!
Jim
Welcome, Jim. Welcome
...prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits...

My blog>>> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com">http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Welcome aboard! Welcome
-Drew-
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
redhorse Wrote:Hello Ralph,

I'm curious, does this forum send e-mails when replies are recieved to subscribed threads? I can't find that on my settings.

Also, I'm glad to see you are St. Paul! I grew up in Eau Claire and spent a number of years in Burnsville & Savage. Is Scale Model Supply still there?

Looks like Wayne beat me to the answer to your question. (He's good!) Smile
Yep, I've lived in the Twin cities since 1982 after growing up in Upstate NY and then taking a five year side trip in Iowa. Oh, and yes, Scale Model Supply is still there on Lexington Ave. I was just browsing around the store last month. Did they have model railroad layouts in the store when you visited? Unfortunately the layouts are no longer there. One of them, the large HO scale Hennipen and Overland is being nicely reconstructed in its own building by the club.

regards,
Ralph
Hey, Jim!! Welcome aboard! Welcome
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"