Tank car decals..
I have a freight car project that is stalled and could use some help with ... :|

I was rebuilding a set of two, 3 dome tank cars for the SH&D, and I'm having trouble finding the proper data decals for them.     I believe that they are 8,000 gallon cars. I would like some thing similar to what was used on some Spencer Kellogg cars (S.K.X.).

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bev-bel.com/railroad/athearn-ho-scale-train-7352.aspx">http://www.bev-bel.com/railroad/athearn ... -7352.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Any help with this would be appreciated, Thanks .
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Microscale makes "generic" freight car data sets, that have some tank car data, but set 87-1016, might be the one you are looking for.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Champ also offered dimensional data and tank car-specific lettering. While they're no longer in business, you may be able to find the decals at Northern Central Supply. The sets for tank cars are HD-13 for white lettering and HD-14 for black lettering. The sets include capacity data, plus the ICC data at the right end of the car below, along with some safety data (in the box under the dome platform), and the capacity and running gear data shown on the end of the next car.

[Image: freshfoe-toes048.jpg]

The guy who runs this outfit (they sell on e-bay) will also sell direct - I bought some Santa Fe decals from him last week. (He had bought-up all of the in-stock Champ decals at my LHS about a year ago, and I think that he's continuing to gather more stock in the same manner.

If you want to contact him directly, send me a PM and I'll give you his name and 'phone number.

EDIT: DOH!! 35 I saw January 29, but neglected to notice the year. Nope Misngth Misngth

Wayne
So Dr W, how did you do that tank car?
That one's an Athearn Blue Box "Chemical car". I shortened the tank by taking out a section near both ends (just towards the centre from the outermost handrail supports. The carshop welders didn't bother to hide the seams where the parts were re-joined.). Segments were taken out of the centreframe just inboard of the truck bolsters, and the joints were reinforced with styrene splice plates. Most of the underbody brake gear is stock, although I added brake levers and used brass wire to represent the actuating rods and some of the piping. The ladder is brass ladder stock, although I did touch it up a bit with files to sharpen the definition of the edges.
The lettering is mostly from a Champ tank car data set, with the reporting marks and lading notation from Champ alphabets.
Judging from the car's length, Fluxene Peroxide must be a pretty dense commodity. Wink

Wayne
I kept checking in on this from my phone at work,, and enjoyed the direction that the thread had gone. So with that I will post a pic of the two cars in their finished state. I don't remember where I got the decals from, I think they are micro scale, but I am happy with the way the two cars came out.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew