Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet
This was a totally unexpected catch. I was waiting for an old beat up E33 and this came from the other direction so I have another picture of it. I really think these were all very well done. Eastbound on 24W     Charlie
Great catch Charlie---was Doctor Wayne with you today
cn nutbar Wrote:....was Doctor Wayne with you today

Nope, on the road today. Only three hours to get to Niagara Falls, but another hour and a half from there to home. Wallbang Misngth

Wayne
I was bored this evening so I went trackside and this was the first of 6 trains in a little over an hour.     Charlie
It's been a while since I had something new to add. The NS 1700 went west last week and returned Sunday. It was wet and foggy but It wasn't too bad at CP Bright in New Brighton, Pa     This is what it looked like in fresh blue Conrail attire in September, 1977.     Charlie
NYC East on the Conemaugh Line on 4-16-18 near Saltsburg,Pa.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice Pic!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Not sure if this is considered a heritage unit or not, but here is the NS   OCS train today (5-20-18) around 1130am headed West on the Pittsburgh Main Line through Jeanette,Pennsylvania.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-20-2018, 12:43 PM)csiguy1970 Wrote: Not sure if this is considered a heritage unit or not, but  here is the NS   OCS train today (5-20-18) around 1130am headed West on the Pittsburgh Main Line through Jeanette,Pennsylvania.

Todd

Great shot Todd.
(05-20-2018, 08:05 PM)Charlie B Wrote:
(05-20-2018, 12:43 PM)csiguy1970 Wrote: Not sure if this is considered a heritage unit or not, but  here is the NS   OCS train today (5-20-18) around 1130am headed West on the Pittsburgh Main Line through Jeanette,Pennsylvania.

Todd

Great shot Todd.

thank you Charlie
6:19 AM 5/31/2018 at McKinley Road, Big Beaver, Pa just west of Summit Cut.              Charlie
One of the fellows on the Fort Wayne Line FB page posted this which explains the number 1943 (which by some odd chance is my birth year.):
 A Boeing B-17 was christened the "Spirit of the Union Pacific" in 1943, recognizing employees who funded it through war bond contributions. The Spirit of the Union Pacific was assigned to the 571st Bomber Squadron and shot down on its fifth mission during a raid on enemy installations in Munster, Germany.
(06-01-2018, 06:41 PM)Charlie B Wrote: One of the fellows on the Fort Wayne Line FB page posted this which explains the number 1943 (which by some odd chance is my birth year.):
 A Boeing B-17 was christened the "Spirit of the Union Pacific" in 1943, recognizing employees who funded it through war bond contributions. The Spirit of the Union Pacific was assigned to the 571st Bomber Squadron and shot down on its fifth mission during a raid on enemy installations in Munster, Germany.
I am using the light display scheme. Your append is light yellow on white back ground. A real eye test for me  Huh
Reinhard
Well, I have a blue background, and when I typed the origanal message andposted it it was WHITE on a white background, and this is what I had to settle for. Lots of things I don't understand here now
WOW---great catch Charlie and outstanding photography as always