locomotive part what is it the mystery thickens what is this
on my walk today after yet again walking through the incredibly thorny bushes that grow around the abandoned BEV Railway in State College Pennsylvania. I found one strange thing a rock pathway made of small rocks that stretch for about a mile i don't known what that was. but then I started finding larger pieces of metal jammed deep inside the earth most of them I couldn't pull out but then I found this, at first I thought the first piece I found (on my original post) was a smokestack top from a locomotive that once was on the BEV but now I'm not sure.but one thing I do know there deftly was a boiler explosion or some accident there, or maybe even a train junkyard I don't believe this is a piece of a soil compactor because it is much too fat and does not have sharp teeth
note there is a patent number 0105

(on my original post)
I need your help on a walk today down the abandoned BEV railway in State College Pennsylvania I found a very interesting part i believe it's from a train a very small train. I believe it's a part of the smokestack I was wondering if you guys could identify this below is the video see what you guys think <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I0eCvDDI70">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I0eCvDDI70</a><!-- m -->

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like a piece of farm machinery. A wheel off of a packer, there would be several in a row on a common shaft. This would be used behind a tillage machine to pack the soil.
Robert
Modeling the Canadian National prairie region in 1959.
it could be maybe a removable Amber catcher, they would mount something inside the smokestack and it would have a pipe that wheel thing would slide onto. I guess the logic of that would be to convert a train that does not have any way to control the embers coming out of the smokestack and burning down the forest and other equipment and they would simply easily placed this on to stop that. I tried looking for the patent number was not able to find anything the closest thing I could find for that patent number is a completely irrelevant piece from an axle of a car
Prairie Trains Wrote:Looks like a piece of farm machinery. A wheel off of a packer, there would be several in a row on a common shaft. This would be used behind a tillage machine to pack the soil.

Cheers

What I see in the picture does look more like a piece of farm equipment, than a part of a locomotive. Something along the lines of, similar to, a Harrow disk, possibly a wheel used to form a trough for seeds, in a day before "modern" farm machinery came into use.
Anyway, that would be my S.W.A.G.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!