Scale Rulers..
Anyone know what the longest scale ruler that's available in 1:87?
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
General makes a 12 inch ruler marked for 85 HO scale feet with an extra scale foot before 0 and after 85 for a total of 87 scale feet. It also has N,S and O scale, plus 5 inches marked in 64ths, and a decimal equivalents for number drills and reference table for tap drill sizes for small screws. plus 0 to 100 mm.
Robert
Modeling the Canadian National prairie region in 1959.
General also makes a 6" scale rule, and looking at the wear on both my 6", and 12", I'd say I probably use the 6" far more, for modelbuilding.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I've got three 12" rules. Two look almost identical except that the MicroLux is etched stainless-steel and the Excel is printed on anodized aluminum. One other major difference is that the Excel seems to have about a 6" error out of 80' scale. The HO and O scales seem to be OK. The third one is from C.T.T and is printed on clear plastic (one side only), but is N scale only. That seems to be the one I use more than the other two mostly because it's flexible, transparent and goes out to 160 scale feet.

I am not aware of any ruler longer than 12" for either HO or N, but that doesn't mean there isn't one out there... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD