Scratchbuilding a PS 5344 boxcar
Thank you, guys for your very kind comments. I tell you, the best thing about working in O-scale is that you don’t have to use tweezers to handle small parts ... so the huge pile of small HO detail parts (that were sent into orbit by the tweezers) that must have accumulated somewhere in my trainroom and that I have not found yet will not get any bigger :mrgreen:
Kurt
That's why I just throw out any small parts right away....they are just going to get lost, so why bother..... 357 Wink
Steve
Steve Wrote:That's why I just throw out any small parts right away....they are just going to get lost, so why bother..... 357 Wink

Wise man! Saves you a lot of cussin’ and crawling on your hands and knees … I should have thought of it before changing scales Goldth
Kurt
Thank you so much for sharing.

I've done a lot of kit-bashing and some smaller scale scratchbuilds but watching what you've done here has given me the kick I needed to try building my own O scale cars. Really enjoyed the finshed photos too.

Regards
Regards
Andrew Martin
Visit the blog and the small layout design site: https://huntervalleylines.wordpress.com
For modelling articles and gallery (click Website button below)
cnw1961 Wrote:Thank you, guys for your very kind comments. I tell you, the best thing about working in O-scale is that you don’t have to use tweezers to handle small parts ... so the huge pile of small HO detail parts (that were sent into orbit by the tweezers) that must have accumulated somewhere in my trainroom and that I have not found yet will not get any bigger :mrgreen:

Ahhhhhhh Yesss, the dreaded "snap" of the tweezers :o Confusedhock: :o Big Grin I know it all too well !!!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!