Working on my Narrow Gauge Division
I find that when I post photos of areas where things aren't finished, I start to make progress. Here's the town of Jaques (named for pioneer modeler Francis Lee Jaques, a well-known nature artist, who carved railroad models from wood before World War I). This is the far end of the dual gauge segment. The dual gauge ends just past the loco in this photo:    
A couple of shots looking the other way, toward the main line:     The flat area is the base for a water tank.

First step, ballast!
That looks to be fantastic..!! Thumbsup
Let's see so' more....
Gus (LC&P).
Here is the terminal at the other end of the room, as of a couple of days ago.     I've made a little progress since then and will post on it later.
I extended the ground cover to the left using Celluclay mixed with some brown craft paint and added some tree stumps in that area. I also got some new trees and planted them around the depot; more to come when I visit the train store next week. And I filled and smoothed the seams in the fuel dealer tank car body and got it painted, though the base is still bare plastic.    
There's something special about seeing overhead wires alongside narrow gauge. One of my favorite historic railroad spots was the Cripple Creek District...narrow gauge, standard gauge, and traction side by side.
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
Looks great! Is that green 2-8-0 an MMI model?
Megill River & Lighthorse in On30:
Fictional Northern Canadian Line.
Linking the Y&WP To Dolly Varden Mines Rwy.

NARA Member Number 74.
Looks great so far. How long is your Narrow Gauge "main line"?
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Thanks for the reminder to get back on this thread! Here's a current track plan, that leaves out part of the narrow gauge line that isn't connected yet:     The narrow gauge extends from the terminal at Anthracite, on a shelf at the far right, along the bottom-most line of track at the bottom of the plan. It joins the standard gauge main line and becomes dual gauge at Poncha Jct, then runs to the left and separates from the standard gauge main at the far left. Its route from there is toward the center of the left peninsula, but it isn't included in the plan as drawn. The photos above taken at Jaques are in this area, all of it done within the last year or two. (The 2-8-0 is indeed a Blackstone). A photo of the end of the line, located roughly where the words BAY CITY are on the plan:     The main obstacle right now is reconnecting the switch machine (to the left of the track) to the 3-way switch. This was custom built by the late Russ Simpson. This whole section of the layout was part of a 4 x 7 narrow gauge layout I had built in an apartment several moves and 30 years ago. I had sort of a rube goldberg arrangement for powering and routing current to the 3-way stub switch then -- it involved pushbuttons, two twin-coil switch machines, and the motor-and-worm machine you see here. I have to try to reconstruct what the heck I did, and until then I don't want to fasten this section permanently to the risers. Maybe by posting in this thread I'll get motivated!

I should set up a photo tour of the whole narrow and dual gauge route as it currently exists next. The total length of the narrow gauge, including the part that's dual gauge, is roughly 50 feet.
WOW!! Your layout looks great... I'm just starting my HOn3 (small) layout, so you can be sure I'll be following your progress with great interest.

Bob
MudHen 462, I must have been "asleep at the turnout" !! :o
Four posts and nobody's said, " Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome "
Always good to see someone modeling narrow gauge. Thumbsup Thumbsup Welcome aboard !!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!