New E-zine
I signed up for this new online E-zine. he first issue is out now and I just read through a couple of the articles, and skimmed the rest of it. Some of you guys might find it very interesting. I have been subscribing to and reading an automotive E-zine titled Winding Road for about 3 or 4 years. I wondered when someone would do the same thing with model railroading. For those worried about spam, the magazine makes it's money by selling advertising on the pages of the magazine just like Model Railroader, Railroad Model Craftsman, etc. Because it is online the cost of printing on paper and mailing is eliminated.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/">http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/</a><!-- m -->
That is really neat Russ. How do you sign up for the mag. or did I miss something? 2285_
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jmarksbery@aol.com">jmarksbery@aol.com</a><!-- e -->

W.C. & T. RAILROAD
N-Scale
Owner:
Col. Jim Marksberry
Speaking of which, are there plans to re-create an online magazine like we had at the old place?
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
It hasn't been discussed. But I know Mikey transfered the files from the Forum That Shall Remain Nameless, of the original e-mag.
Wait a couple of months. When everything smooths out here, and gets running good. I'm sure it will be back.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
jmarksbery Wrote:That is really neat Russ. How do you sign up for the mag. or did I miss something? 2285_

I signed up a couple of months ago, but you didn't miss anything because this is the first issue. According to the page that opened for the download, they have received unexpected traffic and are going to a larger server. The result is that it appears that you can't register on the download site, but when you download the magazine and open it, you will find a link to send in comments for every article and editorial column in the magazine. If you click one of those links, it will ask you to log in to make a comment and if you are not registered it will invite you to register and get a user name and password.
I downloaded the first issue yesterday and skimmed through it. Looks like there's a lot of helpful info and tricks that can be used in multiple scales. So far I like what I see.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Thanks Russ, I will try that.
Jim Cheers
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jmarksbery@aol.com">jmarksbery@aol.com</a><!-- e -->

W.C. & T. RAILROAD
N-Scale
Owner:
Col. Jim Marksberry
I thought the article on curve radius which was mostly pictures and video was very interesting. The number of posts we get from time to time of guys wanting to build a layout with 18 or 22 inch radius curves and then run huge modern power pulling long cars, I would call that article a must read for people to come to an understanding of the dynamics involved with tight radii and long equipment. It wasn't new, it is exactly what Fred has posted in response to every one who wants to run big diesels and long cars on tight radius curves, but seeing the illustrations in pictures and seeing the stuff trying to get through those tight radius curves really brings it home, I think.
I also like the article on radius, and i'm glad it came out when it did because at the train meeting last night a guy brought HO 40 foot boxcars to give away and I would have never even looked at them before, but I have to say, 40 foot box cars and switcher engines look really nice on 18 inch radius curves.

I also liked the article on s-curves. I have 2 s-curves on my HO layout and other than my AC4400 and the 50' box car behind it, I never have any problems there, so it was nice to see the s-curves aren't entirely evil!
Scott