His and Hers Walthers Machine Shops
The wife and I picked up the Walthers Machine shop, both in HO and N scale, hers being N and mine in HO. We had a blast since this was her first building and it was the same I was making.
Hers:

[Image: DSC05394.jpg]

[Image: DSC05390.jpg]

[Image: DSC05387.jpg]

His:

[Image: DSC05409.jpg]

[Image: DSC05414.jpg]

[Image: DSC05421.jpg]

She is done, however I am still working on mine Misngth
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Cool, Tom! Let me see if I have this straight. If you can keep her busy building models and operating an n-scale layout, she doesn't have time to think up "honey do's" to keep you away from your railroad, right?
Good deal! Is she modeling N Scale and you HO? Fun getting your spouse involved isn't it? She's got talent! Hers turned out NICE for a first time, especially in N Scale which can be a little more difficult.

Yesterday, I had Alicia picking out several structures to build while I am gone working in Jamaica all next month. She picked a residential area and really likes the IHC San Francisco style houses, so I will get her all set up before I go with a 24" x 24" matte board base and all of the supplies she needs. She's going to do a city block 5 houses wide and do yards, vehicles, etc. She's only going to do 4 houses on one side so she can also add a community swimming pool.

I feel for the folks whose spouses complain about their hobby. My ex used to HATE it. (Still does)
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Tom Wrote:Good deal! Is she modeling N Scale and you HO? Fun getting your spouse involved isn't it? She's got talent! Hers turned out NICE for a first time, especially in N Scale which can be a little more difficult.

Yesterday, I had Alicia picking out several structures to build while I am gone working in Jamaica all next month. She picked a residential area and really likes the IHC San Francisco style houses, so I will get her all set up before I go with a 24" x 24" matte board base and all of the supplies she needs. She's going to do a city block 5 houses wide and do yards, vehicles, etc. She's only going to do 4 houses on one side so she can also add a community swimming pool.

I feel for the folks whose spouses complain about their hobby. My ex used to HATE it. (Still does)

A buddy of mine has the answer when his wife starts to complain about his model railroad hobby. He just tells her, "I could be stuffing dollars into stripper's G-strings instead." She quits complaining real fast.
That's terrific! Its a nice structure and I like that shot of the smoke stack looking upward.

Ralph
Russ Bellinis Wrote:
Tom Wrote:Good deal! Is she modeling N Scale and you HO? Fun getting your spouse involved isn't it? She's got talent! Hers turned out NICE for a first time, especially in N Scale which can be a little more difficult.

A buddy of mine has the answer when his wife starts to complain about his model railroad hobby. He just tells her, "I could be stuffing dollars into stripper's G-strings instead." She quits complaining real fast.

I told Colleen that once when we were together, and she haded me a $100.00 bill and told me to go have fun. I was dressed in my uniform and headed out the door at 0' dark 30 to go to work as the Conductor on Amtrak 6 from Oakland to Reno. When I gave her a puzzled look, she said "with your hobby, strippers are cheaper than trains". I used to spend a TON of money back then on models, and not the "double DD" variety. Goldth
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Tom: Your wife had a very good come-back!!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
Tom thats too cool!! Love the N scale one, lets see what yours looks like Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Russ Bellinis Wrote:A buddy of mine has the answer when his wife starts to complain about his model railroad hobby. He just tells her, "I could be stuffing dollars into stripper's G-strings instead." She quits complaining real fast.

Russ, your buddy was lucky: my wife won't let me have strippers in my train room. Icon_lol Misngth

Wayne
Thanks everyone, more pics will follow Welcome
Tom

Model Conrail

and more

N

[Image: DSC05453.jpg]

[Image: 3-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC05452.jpg]

A pic of both

[Image: 2-1.jpg]
Tom

Model Conrail

Its really cool to see them side by side, you both did a GREAT job on them so far Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World