G&M as a shortline owner?
Would it be possible for the Greenwich & Meridian to also be a short-line owner, similar to Genesee & Wyoming?

There are a few members here(including me) that have their own freelanced short-lines, and I was thinking it would be neat for those members who were interested to have their railroad be "owned" by the
Greenwich & Meridian, the short-line"s logos could be their railroad's name with the G&M globe(or compass) in the middle, sort of like what G&W does with their short-lines.

Would this be a good idea?
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)
Wll I have several shortlines under the Grande Valley umbrella,that would fit nicely into your plan. If the shortline locos are already decaled how about adding in small type G&M under the unit number.

In other words the COO,CEO,& COA all think it is a very good idea.

COO = Chief Operations Officer,CEO = Chief Executive Officer,& COA = Chief Operations Accountant.(AKA) Big Bean Counter
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Justinmiller171 Wrote:Would it be possible for the Greenwich & Meridian to also be a short-line owner, similar to Genesee & Wyoming?

There are a few members here(including me) that have their own freelanced short-lines, and I was thinking it would be neat for those members who were interested to have their railroad be "owned" by the
Greenwich & Meridian, the short-line"s logos could be their railroad's name with the G&M globe(or compass) in the middle, sort of like what G&W does with their short-lines.

Would this be a good idea?

Or like Rail America. Same paint scheme, different reporting marks as sublettering.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
There's some good ideas here. Most anything is possible if it means getting more people involved in the G&M. Keep them coming, the concept isn't cut and dry.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD