Watch out! Black & whites!
I know, I also have bits that should not be in the pic, ....but
[Image: img_0098.jpg]
Just testing the dynamics of the station at PistonBroke early one morn.

Jack 219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
Fall of 1977 in E. Palestine.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Jack, with all of the nice lighting effects from structures and rolling stock I didn't even notice the non-layout stuff. Thumbsup

Charlie, love the Geep!

Ralph
Ralph Wrote:Charlie, love the Geep!

Ralph

Yeah, but how do we know that this is really a b&w photo and not just a colour one shot on a dreary Ohio day? I mean, c'mon, that gaudy Penn Central paint scheme! 790_smiley_picking_a_fight Misngth Misngth Misngth

Wayne
Steam lovers will love this one, brand new F7 catching a ride back to shop.

[Image: 005_5.jpg]
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
These were shot on B&W film. I used to by bulk 100 ft rolls. I only printed a few pictures then because it was not affordable to me.
I always figured someday to print all of them, but then along came the digital era and the darkroom work was suddenly obsolete, and even with purchasing scanners it was so much cheaper to digitize the pictures.
Now if I want a print I just upload the photo and have them made for 6 to 12 cents each.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Another full color Penn Central shot. Smile U28C receiving service.

[Image: IMG_0699-1.jpg]
This one is over 30 years old, and the layout is long gone, but my kids and I spent hours here.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool shots. I took two versions of the same shot and could not decide which I liked better so I'll show both...

[Image: Picture016lowres.jpg]

[Image: Picture013lowres.jpg]
Here are a couple from last year...

[Image: Train2.jpg]

[Image: Train1.jpg]
[Image: np_F-1ani.gif][Image: goog.gif]
Deckroid
That second shot of the locomotives is a great take. Kind of whimsical
Charlie
Thanks!

The were putting together 3 trains that morning and everyone was all smiles and waves as I stood there snapping shots for well over an hour.
[Image: np_F-1ani.gif][Image: goog.gif]
Great shots everyone---here's a CN mike heading for a fill-up

[Image: 15332013.jpg]
Nutbar, that is a great shot, the depth of field there is quite good.
Here are some pictures my son took in Jan, 1977, a really brutal winter and Amtrak had a real rough time. The equipment was still heated with steam and the steam lines were freezing. This train was the westbound Broadway Limited, and he had to back through the cross-over at "Buckeye" in order to proceed west on #1 track . He was 9 hours behind the carded time at this point. In the first picture he is getting his orders for the move.
The track speed for passenger and freight was restricted to 10 MPH, and the temperatures were 22 degrees below zero. We had 3 weeks we didn't get to the freezing point.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello Everyone---here's a few more shots of CNR steam engines----I think the black and white shots help to highlight all the details

[Image: black6013.jpg]

[Image: black5001.jpg]

[Image: black4010.jpg]

Great shots everyone---keep them coming