Removing ground cover
I removed a larger area of ground cover (mainly sand and white glue) from a cork base. Most could be removed easy after soaking it with water. However some parts stick tight like concrete and the surface was not level at all.
This small smoothing plane was a useful tool to strip the last layer and get a level surface. It has replaceable blades. Planing sand ruined the blade easy. Do not use your valuable full size plane intended for quality wood work!

[Image: 2dabc307.jpg?t=1341411740]
Reinhard
Big Grin Big Grin That, is why I keep an old fashioned paint scraper in my tool box.
If it was good enough for "Haze Gray", and "Red Lead", it's good enough for glued down sand.
That said, there isn't any part of my scenery that is compatible with the blade of a smoothing plane. :o 357
A large straight slot screw driver, also works well, and if that fails - - - - - - now where did I leave that axe !!! Eek
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!