Genesee & Wyoming to Acquire RailAmerica
Via the Altamont Press discussion board: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.progressiverailroading.com/prdailynews/news.asp?id=31770">http://www.progressiverailroading.com/p ... p?id=31770</a><!-- m -->

It could be over a year before this is finalized, and I assume that repainting of locos won't be a top priority anyhow. Should be interesting!
Big, big, big news here, folks.
RA is active in California. After the repaint has started I can use my G&W orange engines in SoCal 2285_
Reinhard
Reinhard, remember that RailAmerica is a hodgepodge of predecessor paint schemes in any case, with a lot of ex-RailTex GP38s still in CORP paint, a lot of Florida East Coast units scattered in places like Vermont and California, and so forth. My guess is that we'll just see more of the same gradual variety under G&W. And you can run FEC units on your layout now!
jwb Wrote:And you can run FEC units on your layout now!

FEC is not included in this deal; Fortress is hanging on to it.
Well, that's interesting indeed. Reinhard, if you have FEC units in your conceptual San Joaquin Valley, run em while you can! Is anything else staying out of the deal?
jwb Wrote:Well, that's interesting indeed. Reinhard, if you have FEC units in your conceptual San Joaquin Valley, run em while you can! Is anything else staying out of the deal?
They are buried deep in one of the many boxes in the cellar.... I do have not only a space but much more a logistic problem Eek
Reinhard
railohio Wrote:
jwb Wrote:And you can run FEC units on your layout now!

FEC is not included in this deal; Fortress is hanging on to it.

He means these units.

[Image: 001-29.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
440, a GP40-2, sleeps at Hanford on the SJVR; this is about the best shot you can get of it:    
Clarification: RailAmerica and Florida East Coast are both owned by Fortress Investments and for a time were managed jointly. Fortress is currently in the process of divesting itself of RailAmerica, but plans to hang on to, and invest in, FEC for for foreseeable future.
railohio Wrote:Clarification: RailAmerica and Florida East Coast are both owned by Fortress Investments and for a time were managed jointly. Fortress is currently in the process of divesting itself of RailAmerica, but plans to hang on to, and invest in, FEC for for foreseeable future.

That's cool..I would hate to see FEC swallow up by Orange and black. Icon_lol

I suspect several of GWIs operation will finally join-one that comes to mind is GWIs Ohio Central and RA's I&OC between Columbus and Logan probably by trackage rights.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!